subhadeep_sd

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2015
Hello All,
Hope everyone is fine.
I want to buy a router for my internet connection of 100Mbps(Promotional 300Mbps during COVID time) and have jot down a few of them . Please let me know which one will be the better one .

Tenda AC10 1200Mbps
TP-Link AC1200 Archer A6
TP-Link Archer C60 AC1350

Tenda AC10 has a Blacklist feature(I will need this feature) and but couldn't find that feature detail in the TP link models. Is there any similar feature in TP link or it's not there ?
Please let know which router is best for long term performance wise and also power consumption wise .

Thank you.

Solution
Most likely they are going to be pretty much the same. Many times routers with the same specs use the same internal chipsets since there are on 2-3 common manufactures of wifi chips.

The major difference will be the software.

Not sure what you mean "blacklist". Tplink routers also have some ability to limit traffic.

Still most these type of feature are easily bypassed. Mac addresses can be changed and if you mean blocking web sites that is kinda hard. You can block by IP to some extent but the traffic is encrypted so it is hard to block web sites by name.
Most likely they are going to be pretty much the same. Many times routers with the same specs use the same internal chipsets since there are on 2-3 common manufactures of wifi chips.

Not sure what you mean "blacklist". Tplink routers also have some ability to limit traffic.

Still most these type of feature are easily bypassed. Mac addresses can be changed and if you mean blocking web sites that is kinda hard. You can block by IP to some extent but the traffic is encrypted so it is hard to block web sites by name.

Solution

subhadeep_sd

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2015

Have decided to go for the archer c6 Gigabit router