May 7, 2014
Not even gonna pretend like I know what I'm looking at -

Alienware R13 -
  • Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900KF 3.2GHz Processor
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6X
  • 32GB DDR5-4400 RAM
  • 1TB Solid State Drive
  • Microsoft Windows 11 Pro

Keeps crashing at random times. No BSOD - monitor loses signal and mouse/keyboard also lose connection (rgb mouse/keyboard, all lights go out, lost power) - but PC appears to still be running. (HDMI connection - no display port issues) - most recently was from an "audio update" that said I needed to restart to complete, but not sure which audio driver it was trying to update. Anyways I rebooted and it would spin up like it was turning on but I would never even hit post. Barely touch the power button and it shuts off. This happened several dozen times in a row before it eventually just turned on with no other intervention. Event viewer was less than helpful. Got the memory dump from the last reboot.

Hoping somebody can assist.

Onedrive link to dump;

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsDTcPsMmEtWgxSZSX3JQhwrB2Iw?e=fTZ08S

Thanks in advance to anybody who takes time out of their day for this.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Anyways I rebooted and it would spin up like it was turning on but I would never even hit post. Barely touch the power button and it shuts off. This happened several dozen times in a row before it eventually just turned on with no other intervention.
this doesn't sound like a windows problem. it can't stop PC from posting

I wonder what PSU they use.

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD.
Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

event viewer hardly ever useful. If its crashing with no BSOD, its unlikely to be windows to blame. Losing power to monitor & USB could be PSU is trying to restrict resources to the necessary parts - CPU and mb.

Kopexx

Distinguished
May 7, 2014
somebody on the microsoft forums was able to go through the memory dump and said it was the nvidia drivers causing the issue. my mouse and keyboard are connected via usb through my monitor so i guess when my monitor lost signal from display it decided to cut the usb signal too. anyways uninstalled and reinstalled nvidia drivers and its fine now. go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.