[SOLVED] Need help ASAP, New RyZen x3950 build in constant loop while installing windows

Mar 28, 2020
Dear users,

I've found myself in quite a pickle and could do with some well placed advice. I've recently build a new system, mostly with new parts though some were salvaged from my previous workstation.

After putting the pc together I continued installing windows after making sure everything is showing up in the bios. (Everything did). After the (clean installation on an allocated drive and by pressing next so the installation automatically formats the drive itself) installation reboots for the first time, after copying and installing files. I get a blue screen before windows is even loaded. Alternatively I get a message with: "the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows, click ok to restart the computer and then restart the installation" both messages come before windows is even loaded so I can only acces my BIOS. So no operating system. I've tried around 20 times now with different settings but nothing looks to be working. I hope you guys can help me. I have the full list of hardware listed below.

CPU. AMD Ryzen x3950 cooled with dark rock 4 (does around 50 Celsius constant)
MB. Asus ROG strix B450E gaming +included M2 WiFi module
Ram. 32 GB 3200 MHz(2x16) Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro
VC. Asus RTX 2060 super
SSD Critical 240 GB SSD, target for windows 10 install (repurposed)
HDD 2x2tb Seagate s-ata drives (repurposed but not connected)
Thermaltake Power supply 850w (repurposed)

Other than that I only have the usb stick for installation connected, the keyboard and the mouse. Display runs through hdmi of my RTX and of course a power cable

I tried most of the settings in the bios that I could find on various forums pertaining to this specific issue but no luck so far.

Solution
Dear users,

I've found myself in quite a pickle and could do with some well placed advice. I've recently build a new system, mostly with new parts though some were salvaged from my previous workstation.

After putting the pc together I continued installing windows after making sure everything is showing up in the bios. (Everything did). After the (clean installation on an allocated drive and by pressing next so the installation automatically formats the drive itself) installation reboots for the first time, after copying and installing files. I get a blue screen before windows is even loaded. Alternatively I get a message with: "the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot...

kanewolf

Titan
Dear users,

After putting the pc together I continued installing windows after making sure everything is showing up in the bios. (Everything did). After the (clean installation on an allocated drive and by pressing next so the installation automatically formats the drive itself) installation reboots for the first time, after copying and installing files. I get a blue screen before windows is even loaded. Alternatively I get a message with: "the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows, click ok to restart the computer and then restart the installation" both messages come before windows is even loaded so I can only acces my BIOS. So no operating system. I've tried around 20 times now with different settings but nothing looks to be working. I hope you guys can help me. I have the full list of hardware listed below.

VC. Asus RTX 2060 super

Other than that I only have the usb stick for installation connected, the keyboard and the mouse. Display runs through hdmi of my RTX and of course a power cable

I tried most of the settings in the bios that I could find on various forums pertaining to this specific issue but no luck so far.
Many times, a memory problem causes install issues. Have you run MEMTEST86 ? Do you have the latest BIOS for that B450?

Reactions: Marco_420
Solution

geckovic02

Reputable
Jan 21, 2019
Dear users,

VC. Asus RTX 2060 super

If you haven't tried, lower your memory to around 2133Mhz and try. My friend couldn't install Windows with the XMP Profile enabled.

Reactions: Marco_420
Mar 28, 2020
No I'm actually hoping to do that after the windows installation I got running now failes. The latest bios I planned on installing after I got windows running as I have no other pcs at the home

Mar 28, 2020
Ill give that a try too, if that doesn't work I'll run that memtest. Coincidentally the bios only displays my memory as 2133 MHz while it's in fact 3200. Its now set on auto but I'll set it manually to the 2133

Mar 28, 2020
Many times, a memory problem causes install issues. Have you run MEMTEST86 ? Do you have the latest BIOS for that B450?
Turns out I can't do a memtest yet as I cannot load into windows. I also don't have another pc on the house so I can't get it from somewhere else at this point

Mar 28, 2020
Thanks for the support guys. I disabled the WiFi and Bluetooth module in de the onboard settings in the bios. This made sure I didn't get the blue screen and now I'm in the second stage of installation. Hopefully this means I can instal my driver's update my BIOS and set everything back to the way it was. For now (profusely knocking on wood) it looks like the problem was solved

kanewolf

Titan
Turns out I can't do a memtest yet as I cannot load into windows. I also don't have another pc on the house so I can't get it from somewhere else at this point
MEMTEST86 does NOT require windows. It is a self booting application. You should update your BIOS ASAP. BEFORE your windows install. If you have wired internet, the manual says you should be able to update your BIOS using the EZ Flash option in the BIOS. It has an internet update mode. DO THAT.