Need Help Choosing a Motherboard from this list

Fullmetalx

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011

circumventor

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2011
FRESH INSTALL WINDOWS! My buddy tried to get away with just plugging in a hard drive with a windows install from an AMD build on his new Intel build and was super mad that it didn't work. Just know ahead of time back up all your stuff you want to keep because there is no switching between the two. Other than that its pretty much the same there are no drivers needed for Intel and all of your components work the same. Fresh installs of Windows are soooo nice :) I do it once a month!

jelaiadriell

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
"Also I have one more question if any one can answer it- I am replacing my current amd cpu + mobo. Does this do anything to my hard drive or save files?
"

well actually, yes..since windows only recognizes your components upon installation. when you change your mobo, you have to install new OS for that OS to recognize again your new mobo..well you can always choose not to format your hard drive when installing a new OS, though those old files of your old OS will be there, but it will not do any harm, it'll just cost your space, or simple just delete that old windows folder. that's more convinient. but for assurance, just backup your files, format your HDD then install your windows 8 ^_^

Fullmetalx

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011
Thanks for the replies again guys! Now sorry for changing my Ming again but the Asus p8z77 V Lk is $119.99 after rebate while the gigabyte one is $134.99. Do you guys think the gigabyte one is $15 better?