DavidMotionless

Honorable
Jul 2, 2017
Hello,
First of all, i dont know if this is the best place to ask this question but it is PSU related, sorry if its the wrong forum.
Recently i moved and in my new apartment i had some problems with elecricity. A couple times a day my pc screens would turn off for a second, literarly just go dark and turn back on again, whenever i turn on my AC same happens (i guess it takes too much power). After living here a couple of months my pc started shuting down and i had a lot of problems with the PSU. I sent it into a repair shop and they said that there was a problem with PSU which they repaired. Im guessing the problem was caused by "bad" voltage. Same thing that causes the screens to turn off and on. I think the PSU was damaged from long use on the bad outlet that doesnt have constant voltage. I have a pretty expensive pc and monitor, i wouldnt like to risk them getting damaged (again).
Can i fix this problem using an AVR or UPS? And if i can, it would be great if someone could recommend something reliable that is good for the price.

Thank you and i am very sorry for my bad spelling and using wrong words in some parts, english is not my first language.

Sep 13, 2022
With cinema, the answer from people's expectations is Atmos is generally a significant setup so long as the speakers can be placed somewhere close to the ideal locations. Anthem are a strong brand, but as you are also looking at the X6700h and SR8015, these are also good quality products. I've had customers who have prefered the sound of the Marantz over the Anthem and likewise the opposite way round. Musically you should hear more from these over the Denon, but as you already own Denon, you may find that you are more intune with their characteristics meaning they favour your ear better especially since you are using home made speakers As you have a Topping D70S, I'm guessing this is decoding the music (if not, I would look at maximising this option) and you may find that the differences between any of these amps really isn't as much as you may think if you run them in direct without processing switched on. At this point, I would start to favour the x6700H as its a great processor for AV and because you are not relying on it for music, this isn't a concern My suggestion would be to look at using either of the Denon's. Allow the Topping to do what its designed to do with music and pipe all musical channel's via it. Use the XTZ A300 as the power-amp for the fronts and when playing stereo (can I ask what you are using the miniDSP SHD for), switch the AV Receiver to its direct pure mode removing any of its decoding or processing processors The big thing about getting a good working Atmos system is planning the room out. So, if you are looking to do this, maybe also have a plan drawn out so everyone can assist you in making your atmos reality come true. Dinar Detectives

Last edited: