Feb 23, 2023
I need little help with choosing GPU.

My PC build is old and I'm slowly trying to change the components. But now my worst nightmare is my GPU - I work in Blender and my old GPU is not doing great job (I know my CPU will be still old) but for now I need just GPU upgrade (with future possibility to add just CPU for gaming etc.).
My pick would be some GTX 3060 (please suggest me Nvidia cards only) but I am aware that maybe there will be need of motherboard change.

Please note that I can order only from these websites: rcomputer.cz, exasoft.cz, agem.cz and budget should be limited to 11 000 Czech Crowns ($490)

My current components:

Case: Zalman Z1

PSU: FSP Fortron FSP600-60AHBC 600W

Motherboard: Asus B150M Pro Gaming

CPU: Intel Core i5-6400

GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 1050Ti 4GB

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 2x4 & 2x8GB DDR4

HDD: WD Blue 1TB

3YoeI3f.jpeg

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Do you have a PSU budget? That's a really cheaply made, group-regulated PSU, and it's strongly not recommended for any power-hungry GPU, especially one that costs a good chunk of money.

A gradual upgrade is a difficult one in this case because these are all basically seven year-old-parts (the PSU may be about that old but it's designed for PCs of 25 years ago, unfortunately). That's a long time to wait to start a gradual upgrade, which means there's going to be quite a bit of imbalance with a single upgrade. A CPU/motherboard upgrade would leave you with the same 1050 Ti and and 3060 really needs a new PSU and then the CPU really will hold it back. Generally speaking, the gradual upgrade strategy works best when you start when the PC is two or three years old, not seven.

Feb 23, 2023
Do you have a PSU budget? That's a really cheaply made, group-regulated PSU, and it's strongly not recommended for any power-hungry GPU, especially one that costs a good chunk of money.

A gradual upgrade is a difficult one in this case because these are all basically seven year-old-parts (the PSU may be about that old but it's designed for PCs of 25 years ago, unfortunately). That's a long time to wait to start a gradual upgrade, which means there's going to be quite a bit of imbalance with a single upgrade. A CPU/motherboard upgrade would leave you with the same 1050 Ti and and 3060 really needs a new PSU and then the CPU really will hold it back. Generally speaking, the gradual upgrade strategy works best when you start when the PC is two or three years old, not seven.

Well yes and no. I have total maybe around 13 000 Czech Crowns budget ($580) but I will get a lot of these components cheaper since I will order them on company (lets say from $400 to $250 after discount)
So basically I could buy better PSU.

Please what are your opinions on these 2 components I chose?
I'm well aware that CPU will hold it down a little (IDK about blender - because blender uses mainly GPU maybe like 90% GPU and 10% CPU) and I will purchase new CPU asap.

GIGABYTE VGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 WINDFORCE OC 12G
ASUS TUF Gaming, 750W, 80+ Gold

And if they are alright - can you double check for me that they are compatible please?
Looks fine.
Make sure the size will fit in the case.
Put a ssd on your future shopping list.

Reactions: Why_Me