[SOLVED] Need help finding a compatible case for my girlfriend's motherboard.

freezingpickles

Reputable
Feb 14, 2016
My girlfriend has an HP Z220 SFF Work Station and wants to install a GPU into it, I've already seen the GPU can be installed fine however the boxing case it comes in is just ever so slightly too tiny to fit it. (Just in case anyone ask, she got the workstation for $60.)

She just needs a case that can work with that motherboard and be big enough to fit an AMD RX 560.

Solution
That unit uses a proprietary case, motherboard, CPU cooler and power supply. You won't be able to just get a different case and slap that hardware into it. That's the whole problem with getting these cheap prebuilt workstations from HP, Dell and Lenovo, and back in the day Compaq, Gateway, E-machines, and other similar prebuilt manufacturers.

She doesn't need a different case, she's needs to return the card and get a SFF or ITX version of the graphics card. There are SFF and half height versions of most of the major card series, but they tend to be a little more expensive usually. That way, she wouldn't need to worry about changing any other hardware.

Something like this for example...
That unit uses a proprietary case, motherboard, CPU cooler and power supply. You won't be able to just get a different case and slap that hardware into it. That's the whole problem with getting these cheap prebuilt workstations from HP, Dell and Lenovo, and back in the day Compaq, Gateway, E-machines, and other similar prebuilt manufacturers.

She doesn't need a different case, she's needs to return the card and get a SFF or ITX version of the graphics card. There are SFF and half height versions of most of the major card series, but they tend to be a little more expensive usually. That way, she wouldn't need to worry about changing any other hardware.

Something like this for example.

https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/Radeon-RX-560-AERO-ITX-4G-OC.html

Solution