[SOLVED] Need help finding hardware best for my motherboard

Solution
Is my mobo compatible with newr tech. Ik my mobo kinda old
Your motherboard will support any newer GPUs, all the way up to the 2080Ti. That said your CPU will hold back a lot of newer GPUs. The AMD A series & FX series CPUs are well known for being much slower than their Intel counterparts from the same time period. The other issue you will have is with your power supply. If this was a prebuilt system, odds are your power supply is quite weak and won't support higher end GPUs that need external power cables attached to them. In the grand scheme of things you would be better off saving some money and upgrading the entire system.
I am looking to upgrade my graphics card. I have a msi a58m e33 mother board. I currently have a 1 or 2 gb gpu, 4gb of ram (will be upgrading to 8gb) and a dualcore amd processor. (Not sure which cpu exactly). Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Looking for options on what would be best for my mb. This is what i was looking into. https://www.newegg.com/msi-geforce-gt-730-n730-4gd3v2/p/1FT-0009-001F0
Should be just fine, with dual core CPU any better graphics would be waste of money.

Apr 16, 2020
Hi im wanting to upgrade my graphics card. My motherboard is a msi a58 e33 with a dual core amd cpu and 4gb of ram. I currently have evga geforce 730 2 gb pcie 2.0. I should also mention that my hdmi slot is busted on my gpu hence why im upgrading. Im looking for good gpu for gaming. I was looking at this gpu https://www.newegg.com/msi-geforce-gt-730-n730-4gd3v2/p/1FT-0009-001F0 but want for sure if it was compatibale with my motherboard.

Does pcie matter when picking a gpu??
What GPU are you looking at and what motherboard/CPU do you currently have?

PCIe has always been backwards compatible to previous versions. That means you can drop a PCIe 4.0 card into a PCIe 2.0 slot, the issue is you will reduce the bandwidth to the card. In the example above if your GPU is PCIe 4.0 x16 (the 16 is number of links) into a PCIe 2.0 x16 slot, the bandwidth it would get will be 1/4 of what it would get in the PCIe 4 x16 slot. For most GPUs this currently isn't a problem, but as the GPUs get more powerful they require more and more bandwidth between them and the CPU to the point that you could eventually see reduced performance on older PCIe versions.

Is my mobo compatible with newr tech. Ik my mobo kinda old
Your motherboard will support any newer GPUs, all the way up to the 2080Ti. That said your CPU will hold back a lot of newer GPUs. The AMD A series & FX series CPUs are well known for being much slower than their Intel counterparts from the same time period. The other issue you will have is with your power supply. If this was a prebuilt system, odds are your power supply is quite weak and won't support higher end GPUs that need external power cables attached to them. In the grand scheme of things you would be better off saving some money and upgrading the entire system.

Solution
Here is an example of a decently fast budget gaming computer for less than $800.
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor ($119.00 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($85.99 @ B&H)
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB Phoenix OC Video Card ($229.99 @ B&H)
Case: Fractal Design Focus G ATX Mid Tower Case ($56.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($102.70 @ Amazon)
Total: $784.64
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-16 09:45 EDT-0400

Apr 16, 2020
I have a 450w psu currently my previous one fried on me causing my windows coding to get deleted and it was just a psu i had in a bare case. Do i need to upgrade ???? And what cpu do would you suggest??? I want to be able to keep up with a couple games coming out???

Apr 16, 2020
Can i use other processors besides amd a series or athlon??? Or does it have to be fm2+ socket ???? Or am i stuck having to buy a new mobo?? Im sorry for so many questions you've been a tremendous help. Thank you.

I have a 450w psu currently my previous one fried on me causing my windows coding to get deleted and it was just a psu i had in a bare case. Do i need to upgrade ???? And what cpu do would you suggest??? I want to be able to keep up with a couple games coming out???
With the motherboard you have, you will always be CPU limited in gaming. Some games are easier on the CPU than others, but there is no good financial reason to upgrade anything on your outdated platform. Here is a benchmark of the fastest A series APU ever made against the slowest of the AMD Ryzen CPUs. https://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/2294?vs=2295 The lowly Athlon 200GE 2c/4t is usually faster than the best 2c/4t CPU from the previous generation, all while having a huge clock speed deficiency. Your motherboard also cannot support that A12-9800 so the difference would be even bigger on the best CPU for your motherboard. The build I posted above is a solid budget build that is upgradeable and plenty fast for a lot of things right now.

Can i use other processors besides amd a series or athlon??? Or does it have to be fm2+ socket ???? Or am i stuck having to buy a new mobo?? Im sorry for so many questions you've been a tremendous help. Thank you.
Here is a list of compatible CPUs for your motherboard.
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/A58M-E33#support-cpu
The best you can do is an A10-7850K. Your best course of action will be to upgrade the whole thing. There might be some components that you can take from the old system though.

Short answer: pcie does not matter.

Graphics cards using pcie are forward and backwards compatible with pcie 1/2/3/4.
Any performance difference is minor assuming the card can run at X8 or X16 speeds.
The difference shows up primarily in the very top end cards.

But, a caveat, modern cards will install on UEFI bios motherboard, but may not be compatible with older legacy bios.