[SOLVED] Need help!!! First time builder

Jun 29, 2019
I plugged in every component of my pc and when I pressed the power button nothing turns on.

Important info:
  • Yes. I did make sure the power switch was on.
  • Yes. It was plugged in to the wall.
  • I unplugged front panel headers, cpu power, ram, mobo power. I made sure all of these cables were in the correct orientation.
  • Something to note: when I tried to install heat sink, my cpu did get disconnected while it was latched down.
Even though the cpu was disconnected I still feel like the motherboard would at least turn on or at least show rgb.

Specs:
  • B450 tomahawk
  • Evga 650w power supply- forgot which one but it was highly rated
  • Ryzen 5 2600x
Any help would be appreciated!

Solution
Yea that’s what happened. I kept fiddling with the heat sink and the cpu came out. I think it’s my power supply though because when I pressed the power button nothing turned on. No fans or rgb. Even if my cpu didn’t work wouldn’t some fans at least turn on?

Plug it all back in the way it should be. You may have also damaged the CPU or socket when the CPU got yanked out or was improperly installed in the first place. You may want to get someone else that has built computers before to look over the setup, you may be missing something.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Pull it all apart, and check for bent pins, be extra careful with it. Cpu shouldn't be able to come out of the socket if it's locked down, but with Amd it's not unheard of. Normally the act of putting a cpu cooler onto a cpu isnt an upwards motion, it's a downwards motion, cpus only pull out of sockets when you pull up on the heatsink and the paste sticks.

Jun 29, 2019
Pull it all apart, and check for bent pins, be extra careful with it. Cpu shouldn't be able to come out of the socket if it's locked down, but with Amd it's not unheard of. Normally the act of putting a cpu cooler onto a cpu isnt an upwards motion, it's a downwards motion, cpus only pull out of sockets when you pull up on the heatsink and the paste sticks.

Yea that’s what happened. I kept fiddling with the heat sink and the cpu came out. I think it’s my power supply though because when I pressed the power button nothing turned on. No fans or rgb. Even if my cpu didn’t work wouldn’t some fans at least turn on?

Plug it all back in the way it should be. You may have also damaged the CPU or socket when the CPU got yanked out or was improperly installed in the first place. You may want to get someone else that has built computers before to look over the setup, you may be missing something.

Solution