Question Need Help Identifying Problem

deathshound7007

Reputable
Sep 4, 2018
For starters : Unsure if this is the right place for this. I'm choosing "motherboard" though as I got a new motherboard as recently as a couple days ago and am now experiencing problems with my PC.

Problems I ran into:
  • Last night I had been studying while watching YouTube and I noticed that I could not open links from Discord. Nothing would happen if I clicked them.
  • Calculator not opening. It would instantly close before even showing the program.
  • When going to turn off my computer it was taking a very very long time so I turned my monitors back on to see if there was a message I had to click through first. My monitors had no connection. I ended up having to hold the power button down as it was taking an extremely long time and I don't think it was going to turn off.
  • Today when turning on it took over 2 mins to get past the "Press ESC or F1 to enter Bios" screen.
As of right now I am not sure if there's anything wrong outside of that, though I do have my concerns as stuff like that hasn't happened to me before. I installed a new motherboard the other day

MOBO : ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
CPU : Ryzen 7 1800X @ 3.6GHz
GPU : Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
RAM : 16GB DDR4 G.SKILL TridentZ @ 2133MHz
PSU : Thermaltake 750W

Last edited:

deathshound7007

Reputable
Sep 4, 2018
Did you install windows after replacing your motherboard
Yes I took the time to wipe my previous installation of windows from my SSD, which was my windows drive before the new motherboard, and install windows fresh on an M.2 this time around.

So you've replaced the motherboard? And you haven't removed old (chipset) drivers prior to that? And have you installed new drivers for your motherboard?
My drives were completely wiped, excluding an ssd that just had things like steam and games on it etc.
I did a fresh install of windows on a completely new drive on startup after installing the new motherboard.
I may actually need to update the drivers for this motherboard. Thanks for pointing that out, going to double check right now.

deathshound7007

Reputable
Sep 4, 2018
Update
So the motherboard drivers we're all up-to-date. However I did find out that my old ssd, which previously had windows on it and was being repurposed as a small drive for a VM, was corrupted.
Not sure how that happened but not too disappointed as it was only a 120GB cheap SSD I have had for many years now and nothing was on it yet.

Removed the drive and my system started up instantly. Will continue to monitor it to see if that's all.