[SOLVED] Need Help troubleshooting laptop components

arunasd

Honorable
Oct 18, 2013
Hello everyone

I been out of Windows ecosystem for some time, so not very sure how to proceed. Here is my system:

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2018)
Processor: Intel Core i7-8550U 4 x 1.8 - 4 GHz, Kaby Lake Refresh
Graphics adapter: NVIDIA GeForce MX150
Memory: 8192 MB , dual-channel
Display: 13.9 inch 3:2, 3000 x 2000 pixel 259 PPI, capacitive, JDI LPM139M422A, LTPS, glossy: yes
Mainboard: Intel Kaby Lake-U + iHDCP 2.2 Premium PCH
Storage: Toshiba XG5 KXG50ZNV512G, 512 GB

The main issue I am having the system is not snappy, starts lagging (especially when just browsing the web). I play Slotomania Facebook based game on my browser, and that became very laggy and keeps crashing. I was told that it runs on html5 WebGL platform, but testing WebGL and WebGL2 compatibility shows it is supported. Here are the things I have tried to resolve this particular issue:
  1. Different Browser / Clearing cache, data etc..../ Incognito mode
  2. Update all the drivers including latest GeForce and bios.
  3. Performed clean install of Windows 10, wiping the drive clean, and only trying to load the game with drivers installed and nothing else.
  4. Performed RAM test using Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool, no issues were found
  5. Performed MB / CPU test using Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool, no issues were found

It just feels like something is wrong, as the system specs should be sufficient enough to run smoothly, especially on a clean install.
Could anyone help me troubleshoot and identify what the problem could be?

Video of the game crashing: Video
System Information Screenshot

Solution
Those u processors are strange beasts. Yours should turbo to 4 Ghz but itseems like from it's performance that it's staying 1.8. I really don't know how to force them up to the turbo specs. I assume you're using it plugged in ... ie not on battery?

Grasping at straws but ...you could try this:

Those u processors are strange beasts. Yours should turbo to 4 Ghz but itseems like from it's performance that it's staying 1.8. I really don't know how to force them up to the turbo specs. I assume you're using it plugged in ... ie not on battery?

Grasping at straws but ...you could try this:

Solution