Question need help with cloning os to hdd with games installed

babipucet

Reputable
Jan 19, 2021
Hi, quick information about my situation, just bought a 512gb ssd on which i wanna get the os cloned to from my 128gb ssd, both are m2s and my motherboard only has 1 slot for it. and previously i had all my games installed on my hdd (was running 128gb ssd + 500gb hdd) , so my plan was to clone the os from the 128gb ssd to the empty partition on the hdd (different partition from all the games) then clone it again from the hdd to the 512gb ssd, is there any way i can do it? i've tried using macrium, it keeps giving me srttrail.txt error when booting up. is there any way to clone it without removing any data on my hdd? thank you, any help is appreciated!

USAFRet

Titan
Hi, quick information about my situation, just bought a 512gb ssd on which i wanna get the os cloned to from my 128gb ssd, both are m2s and my motherboard only has 1 slot for it. and previously i had all my games installed on my hdd (was running 128gb ssd + 500gb hdd) , so my plan was to clone the os from the 128gb ssd to the empty partition on the hdd (different partition from all the games) then clone it again from the hdd to the 512gb ssd, is there any way i can do it? i've tried using macrium, it keeps giving me srttrail.txt error when booting up. is there any way to clone it without removing any data on my hdd? thank you, any help is appreciated!
Too many moving parts.

How much space is consumed on the 500GB HDD?