Nov 25, 2020
Hello my previous m.2 nvme drive failed on me so I purchased a new one today. I bought the WD_BLACK SN750 and I’m not able to get the disk to initialize to install the OS on it. I keep getting the error [DiskPart has encountered an error: Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check). See the System Event Log for more information.] I cannot figure out for the life of me how to fix this some help would be greatly appreciated
MOBO= ASROCK 990FX Killer
M.2 NVME SSD= WD_BLACK SN750
Operating system= Windows 10

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2020
No other ssd or hdds are installed made sure the sn750 is seated properly as it is recognized in the bios and it’s also a fresh usb windows 10 tool I mean I could make another but like I said this is a fresh as I made it yesterday

Nov 25, 2020
I was thinking maybe it was doa and my problem isn’t installing Windows per say it’s more about initializing the drive in cmd and I think I got the bios set up correctly

Nov 25, 2020
Thank you all for your input I think I will try to take the drive back but last I know they were out of stock but thanks again for all the help I will update you all to see know if it is the drive or not.

Reactions: AdamG

TRENDING THREADS