Question Need Help With Liquid Metal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nero1024

Reputable
Apr 28, 2018
Unless it is thermal throttling, I wouldn't worry about it.

Liquid metal would require a pressure force to keep the heatsink attached. Would you have that or do you need a thermal pad type substance to secure as well as transfer heat?

I will use tight, heat resistant rubber bands for that)))

Nero1024

Reputable
Apr 28, 2018
Some components on these NVMe actually degrade less from higher temps. GamerNexus had a story about it awhile back I believe. The aftermarket heatsinks can attribute to this. I'm doubtful the service life would be impacted much by those temps.

Yeah, I saw that video, but GamerNexus seems to be the only one who said that. Also, which exact component and what is considered warm for this component?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Point of diminishing returns. With a cpu it's @ 70°C. Under that temp, there's zero benefit to a cooler running chip.

And no, you are making a basic mistake. There's more than 1 temp going on in any chip. Surface temps affect core temps, depending on the level of cooling, but the two are not the same. Even with extreme measures like LN2 thats -196°C, the cpu is still running 30-70°C core temps, the liquid nitrogen doing nothing but absorbing excess heat from the workload and speeds.

A cpu at 40°C will last just as long as if that same cpu spent its entire life at 60°C. Having the lowest possible temp is just as much a falicy as having the highest possible fps, once you pass the point of diminishing returns, it's pointless.

Reactions: TheFalcro
Status
Not open for further replies.