[SOLVED] Need Help with Ryzen 2600x, stuck at 2200mhz

Jon447

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013
Hello, I have been having issues with my Ryzen 2600x and am stuck after trying out what I could find online. Essentially my cpu displays as having all cores stuck at 2200mhz on Ryzen Mastter with temporary spikes up to 3600 (the limit I have set as of now) but appears to drop back down after the edc reaches a high % (usually the edc sits at 25%-30% but then spikes to 85% to 99%). I have tried restoring ryzen master settings to default and using CPUID CPU-Z to verify the issue and it displays the same issues as Ryzen Master. I have never edited my BIOS settings and I have switched the widndows power plan to balanced and tried setting minimum processor state to 5% and the minimum and maximum processor states are at 5% and 100%. I'm really lost here and any assistance would be greatly appreciated as it has greatly affected my systems performance.

M.AGamer

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
Hello, I have been having issues with my Ryzen 2600x and am stuck after trying out what I could find online. Essentially my cpu displays as having all cores stuck at 2200mhz on Ryzen Mastter with temporary spikes up to 3600 (the limit I have set as of now) but appears to drop back down after the edc reaches a high % (usually the edc sits at 25%-30% but then spikes to 85% to 99%). I have tried restoring ryzen master settings to default and using CPUID CPU-Z to verify the issue and it displays the same issues as Ryzen Master. I have never edited my BIOS settings and I have switched the widndows power plan to balanced and tried setting minimum processor state to 5% and the minimum and maximum processor states are at 5% and 100%. I'm really lost here and any assistance would be greatly appreciated as it has greatly affected my systems performance.
Maybe updating your bios to the latest version will solve that problem.If i didn’t fix your problem then Reinstall the cpu and make sure you have downloaded latest drivers from your mobo site

Jon447

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013
Sorry for the late update, even though it's a bit late I thought I would report that clearing the CMOS using a screwdriver (battery was behind the GPU) appears to have done the trick. EDC has stopped spiking randomly while idle and I can maintain a high clock speed while gaming. Thanks for the help, it is greatly appreciated!