Discussion Need help with upgrading desktop build.

May 10, 2020
Hi all i got a PC with older configuration and need help on what could be the best upgrade components that my motherboard can take without losing any performance from the new parts.
Old setup is this:
MB: Asus F1A55-M LX
CPU: AMD A8-3870K APU
RAM: 8GB - DDR3 - 1333Mhz
HDD: 1TB
GPU: GeForce GTX 550 Ti 3GB

Again to those that are willing to help, i can't change the MB yet so im looking for better parts that could fit on it and not be bottlenecked by it. All help appreciated.

May 10, 2020
Hi there I'd be happy to assist you but to give me an idea of what to recommend you to get can you please tell what your looking to do on the computer and if it's gaming what games are you expecting to play and in general how much do you have as a budget.

May 10, 2020
From what i've searched and found i could upgrade the gpu to a certain point and get ram with better mhz. I'm still using HDD so upgrade to SSD would be also good but that is not my main concern as it is for getting better graphics output and faster loading. Budget could go as much as 250$.

May 10, 2020
If your looking for faster loading times getting something 240gb SSD that you install your windows on and your most frequently played games on would increase loading times very well.

Last edited:

Wolfshadw

Titan
Given your current system, I wouldn't put any more money into it that could not be moved forward to a newer platform. I agree with the SSD suggestion, but would recommend waiting on everything else until you're ready to purchase a new system.

-Wolf sends

May 10, 2020
You do have a point if you are looking to get a major upgrade I would suggest selling this build and using that money and the other money you were going to upgrade with and build a new better pc.

Wolfshadw

Titan
In my opinion, you should never "slightly" upgrade anything in a computer. Fpr C{PUs and Graphic cards, I generally recommend at least three generations of difference and both should be upgraded close to each other, if not at the same time.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: gg83