[SOLVED] Need input on best tablet for light-weight air travel?

nwgamelover

Distinguished
May 25, 2014
Hello All,

I need to fly and all my devices are too heavy, or bulky. I am most used to android, or Windows 10. I saw one tablet I kind of liked when I googled, but would love feedback. I don't want IOS because I would have to learn too much, too fast.

Any help appreciated, and I will post the tablets I saw below. I am leaning toward the Win 10. Feedback welcome:

Android tablet

Win 10 Tablet

Solution
Surface is nice because it is a computer and a tablet essentially--best of both worlds. It's just not cheap, but I know where to find deals so if it suits you let me know what you like and I'll see if I can find a deal on it. :)

nwgamelover

Distinguished
May 25, 2014
Depending on what you are doing and needing to do, a MS surface might work too.
Just basic things like email, Facebook, a photo editor, general surfing. Hadn't heard of the MS Surface? I'll go look too. I also like to read from my "library 2 go" (Overdrive App). I'll need that tablet because of a 5 or 6 hour layover especially ;)

nwgamelover

Distinguished
May 25, 2014
Surface is nice because it is a computer and a tablet essentially--best of both worlds. It's just not cheap, but I know where to find deals so if it suits you let me know what you like and I'll see if I can find a deal on it. :)
Sounds wonderful, but this time around, I have to use my Amazon Credit Card (store card) so not much choice. Let me go see what they are priced at there, if they even have them ;) Thank you Samir, I so appreciate your help. One more question though, wouldn't the Windows 10 be most like my toshiba laptop and PC gaming 'puter with Windows 10?

Thank you again, Denise

Sounds wonderful, but this time around, I have to use my Amazon Credit Card (store card) so not much choice. Let me go see what they are priced at there, if they even have them ;) Thank you Samir, I so appreciate your help. One more question though, wouldn't the Windows 10 be most like my toshiba laptop and PC gaming 'puter with Windows 10?

Thank you again, Denise
Gotcha. Depending on what you find and how much. I just briefly checked where I usually find deals and some of them were 50% of the normal price so might be worth the savings.

They will most likely operate identical to the desktop you're already used to--another great feature so not having to re-learn anything.

Reactions: nwgamelover

nwgamelover

Distinguished
May 25, 2014
Gotcha. Depending on what you find and how much. I just briefly checked where I usually find deals and some of them were 50% of the normal price so might be worth the savings.

They will most likely operate identical to the desktop you're already used to--another great feature so not having to re-learn anything.
I think I'll just take my HD 10 (Kindle). I have games on it already, and can read on it easy. I just decided not to spend more money when I already have that to entertain me ;) Thanks though, that MS Surface may be something I do look at in the future!! Have a great day Samir :) Denise

I think I'll just take my HD 10 (Kindle). I have games on it already, and can read on it easy. I just decided not to spend more money when I already have that to entertain me ;) Thanks though, that MS Surface may be something I do look at in the future!! Have a great day Samir :) Denise
The Kindles are definitely nice and definitely can entertain. I still have the one given to us at our wedding and still use it regularly. :)

nwgamelover

Distinguished
May 25, 2014
The Kindles are definitely nice and definitely can entertain. I still have the one given to us at our wedding and still use it regularly. :)
I don't know why I was thinking about buying another device, lol! My Kindle really will do just fine for the trip. I love the android games I got on it from the playstore. I have all The Room Series and those are so fascinating. I've played them through twice now, and been awhile so go for a third time during my travel ;)

Nice gift for you two, and I just did a good cleaning to mine. It's never missed a beat, knock on wood ;) Denise

I don't know why I was thinking about buying another device, lol! My Kindle really will do just fine for the trip. I love the android games I got on it from the playstore. I have all The Room Series and those are so fascinating. I've played them through twice now, and been awhile so go for a third time during my travel ;)

Nice gift for you two, and I just did a good cleaning to mine. It's never missed a beat, knock on wood ;) Denise
Because the manufacturers make us think we always need something new! lol!

I found this free flight simulator that is so intense I can play it for 20 minutes and then be tired enough to sleep. :D Between that and prime and netflix, it is much more than I truly need. And it's still going strong after over 7 years. :) Someone just gave me a used one that's a twin so now I even have 2x of them. Neat little things. :)

nwgamelover

Distinguished
May 25, 2014
Because the manufacturers make us think we always need something new! lol!

I found this free flight simulator that is so intense I can play it for 20 minutes and then be tired enough to sleep. :D Between that and prime and netflix, it is much more than I truly need. And it's still going strong after over 7 years. :) Someone just gave me a used one that's a twin so now I even have 2x of them. Neat little things. :)
I do hear that, when there is something new out there I want one. I just bought 2 telescopes in the last, few months. I love them, but it is so hard to get clear nights on the coast. Plus we've had smoke from fires, but at least no one around here got burned out ;( So sad all the things going on. Anyway, best sign off this thread or the forum police will come and take us away, LOL!! Thanks again for all your help ;) Denise