[SOLVED] Need motherboard with built-in WiFi for i7-9700

Netreo

Reputable
Dec 22, 2016
I've been looking around for some motherboards that support i7-9700 right out of the box and also has WiFi capabilities. But it's just impossible to find anything without BIOS update requirement.

I looked at some motherboards that I'm interested and one of them is confusing me.

Link: https://www.gigabyte.com/lt/Motherboard/Z390-I-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-10/support#support-cpu

Under CPU support List it mentions that i7-9700K works with F1 BIOS version but it also says that requires F5 version. And I don't get it....

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

And if it is impossible to get motherboard with WiFi w/o updating BIOS and buying additional CPU, is PCIe WiFi card a better choice?

Sorry for the long post in advance!

Netreo

Reputable
Dec 22, 2016
Different steppings:

P0 requires BIOS F1
R0 requires BIOS F5

I'd always recommend a PCIE WiFi card over on-board, but if you're looking at a Mini-ITX board, you don't have much choice if you intend to add a graphics card. I suppose you could go USB for WiFi on a Mini-ITX

-Wolf sends
Thank you for your reply.

I have one more question. This motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B365M-F Gaming and this PCIe WiFi card Asus AC88. Will they work together? Or is there going to be a compatibility issue?