[SOLVED] Need some opinions (cpu usage)

Sveta7

Reputable
Apr 2, 2017
So here is how things stand, recently I've had pretty nasty malware/ransomware in my pc for the first time ever because of my stupidity, this was 2 weeks ago, in that time I've cleaned all the malware that i could find and since my files were encrypted formated all my drives and reinstalled a fresh win 10, even went to a local pc shop to check it out so i can be 101% sure everything is clean, there they also cleaned my fans a bit and changed thermal paste, but the main reason for this thread is that my case is a bit louder than let's say few months ago, on idle and on load, my cpu is an fx 6300 with a stock cooler, I've had it for around 5 years, also monitoring on the task manager and multiple other programs show no cpu usage spikes, it also states my idle temp is around 35c on avg, could my pc be still somehow infected or have some hidden worm working behind the scene that can't be picked up by process monitoring software??

Solution
I also flashed my motherboard bios with a new one just in case (if it's even possible for a virus to hide in there), Could it then be just a coincidence that my stock cooler is maybe failing at the same time and causing more noise?
Or you could just think their more noise, fan could be failing, shop might of actually damaged a fan.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
So here is how things stand, recently I've had pretty nasty malware/ransomware in my pc for the first time ever because of my stupidity, this was 2 weeks ago, in that time I've cleaned all the malware that i could find and since my files were encrypted formated all my drives and reinstalled a fresh win 10, even went to a local pc shop to check it out so i can be 101% sure everything is clean, there they also cleaned my fans a bit and changed thermal paste, but the main reason for this thread is that my case is a bit louder than let's say few months ago, on idle and on load, my cpu is an fx 6300 with a stock cooler, I've had it for around 5 years, also monitoring on the task manager and multiple other programs show no cpu usage spikes, it also states my idle temp is around 35c on avg, could my pc be still somehow infected or have some hidden worm working behind the scene that can't be picked up by process monitoring software??
If you reformatted all your drives and did a fresh install of windows it should all be gone.

Sveta7

Reputable
Apr 2, 2017
If you reformatted all your drives and did a fresh install of windows it should all be gone.
I also flashed my motherboard bios with a new one just in case (if it's even possible for a virus to hide in there), Could it then be just a coincidence that my stock cooler is maybe failing at the same time and causing more noise?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Or you could just think their more noise, fan could be failing, shop might of actually damaged a fan.

Solution