Question Need to have wired connection on multiple devices

tyr0n3

Commendable
May 2, 2018
I have a computer and a ps4 in my room that i want both to have a wired connection at all time. The problem is i cant i have a tp-link plug thingy that is wired to my pc and every time i want to use my ps4 i have to climb through a forest of wires just to wire it to my ps4. Any suggestions?

If by "tp-link" plug thing you mean a switch, then there is nothing you can do short of wiring a network jack in the wall running to your router.

You may want to describe your setup a bit, if you have one wired connection in the room already why can't you connect another cable to the router or use a switch?

Buy a small 5 port switch and plug that into the powerline units and then plug your 2 devices into the switch. You should be able to get a 10/100/1000 switch for under $20 and you can get a 10/100 for under $15. I would go with the 10/100/1000 unless the small amount of money makes a difference to you.

Reactions: tyr0n3

tyr0n3

Commendable
May 2, 2018
Buy a small 5 port switch and plug that into the powerline units and then plug your 2 devices into the switch. You should be able to get a 10/100/1000 switch for under $20 and you can get a 10/100 for under $15. I would go with the 10/100/1000 unless the small amount of money makes a difference to you.
i dont really understand so you want me to plug in a 5 port switch into the tp-link plug can you also suggest a 5 port switch.

It is that simple. A switch just shares a single port to mulitple devices...it actually does more than that but in your case that what it does.

There are many my favorite tends to be TL-SG105 This is a 10/100/1000 switch that is commonly sold for $20 in most stores. You can get it for $15-$16 from many sources online.

This one is not necessarily better than others like it. I just like it because it comes in a metal case

tyr0n3

Commendable
May 2, 2018
It is that simple. A switch just shares a single port to mulitple devices...it actually does more than that but in your case that what it does.

There are many my favorite tends to be TL-SG105 This is a 10/100/1000 switch that is commonly sold for $20 in most stores. You can get it for $15-$16 from many sources online.

This one is not necessarily better than others like it. I just like it because it comes in a metal case
Will this give the same speeds. https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-LINK-TL...ds=TL-SG105&qid=1555007794&s=computers&sr=1-2

That would be a read the fine print question. Generally a unmanged switch can not be configured in anyway and it pretty much just provides the ability to connect lots of machines together

Not sure most more advanced switches support things like vlans or port bonding. Pretty much if you do not know why you need these features you do not need them.

tyr0n3

Commendable
May 2, 2018
That would be a read the fine print question. Generally a unmanged switch can not be configured in anyway and it pretty much just provides the ability to connect lots of machines together

Not sure most more advanced switches support things like vlans or port bonding. Pretty much if you do not know why you need these features you do not need them.
ok thanks for the help :)