need win xp 32 bit home edition drivers for dell dimension 4600 and service pack 3 download. please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

frustrated204

Honorable
Apr 5, 2013
dell support used to have all the software and drivers listed under my dell dimension 4600 win xp home edition. now they are missing. i know they quit support but i thought the page would still have the info. stupid me. i should have downloaded everything and put it on disc.

hoping someone out there was smart enough to do just that and can help me with the drivers and downloads. i also need a download of serv pack 3. praying someone out there can help me out.

heres's a weird thing i have never seen before...i did a fresh reinstall of win xp home serv. pack 2. now i am having trouble with internet explorer. it has disappeared. chrome is not working properly either. i am getting a message that chrome needs win xp or higher to work or install and that i am running win 2000?????? what the heck!!!! i have never owned win 2000. and my install disc is win xp home serv pk 2.

i bought this computer from someone on ebay as a replacement for my original which is why i have the win xp home ed serv pk 2 disc for reinstall.

the hard drive was wiped when i bought it. maybe that is part of the problem. but i did a fresh install, so i don't get it. please help. angeldog

Status
Not open for further replies.