Question NETGEAR AC1200 WiFi USB Adapter USB 3.0 won’t connect to internet

Jul 30, 2019
My NETGEAR Ac1200 usb WiFi adapter won’t connect to the internet at all. I dusted off my computer and got the WiFi signal but with an X so I connected to WiFi for about 10 minutes then my computer lost connection so I restarted it and I got the computer icon with an X instead of the WiFi icon.

I tried dusting off my computer again and it didn’t work. When I unplug the usb in and out it shows the WiFi icon for a couple of seconds and it connects to internet and then it goes out and I just have the computer icon with the X.

I have the NETGEAR drivers installed but they are a bit outdated. I’m really frustrated as I have no idea how to fix this and this has been a problem for multiple weeks. I’ve also tried a usb hub which dose not help anything.

I have a video I can show but I don’t know how to upload videos. I’m struggling with this and I would like to find a way to fix it. (EDIT) whenever I wiggle the usb I can sometimes get it to turn back on and show the WiFi but it will immediately after a few seconds go back to the computer icon with an X and I will have no internet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 30, 2019
Jul 30, 2019
So I believe it is my 2 USB 3.0 ports as I get the same connection issues and I can’t connect the WiFi adapter to a 2.0 slot because it’s a 3.0 connector so would a 2.0 to 3.0 usb hub or connector work or something like that?