New $2000 *Gaming PC* My parts

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mr Pizza

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2010
Well, i couldn't do my build this month.... *sigh* stupid economy :) and these are my parts for my build, ill build as soon as money allows? no I am not lowering my budget, no I am not going with Intel no I am not going with NVIDIA, just to make that clear.

Not my first PC build

Here are my parts, newegg.com, 2000-2200 dollar budget and stuff don't need keyboard, mouse, monitor, running at 1900x1080, 5970 is overkill yeah yeah yeah well I want it to be overkill :)

PARTS SO FAR:
Antec 1200
Asus Crosshair
Ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ten ninety tee!
I love you G.Skill :)
5970, or as i like to call it, the bitch
OVERKILL PSU, ill crossfi, I mean quad-fire* in the future though :)
Caviar black, but its silver :D
CPU cooLAR
Is that it.. oh yeah and windows 7... and 3 red antec fans to replace the front blue ones, and 2 antec-no-led fans for the back two... and ill turn off the top fan's LEDs ( i don't want a ton of LEDs, ill put a few meteor lights in it though :D. Gonna mod the side window and put some acrylic in there all that stuff.. cut some cable holes.. all that. Wanted to go with the XFX 5970 but newegg doesn't have it ATM -_- ill get it if its in stock though SUGGESTIONS?????? (caviar black, 2 of them in raid)
lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala.... -_- D:< BUMP!!!!!!!

Mr Pizza

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2010

Yeah but I don't really think BD will be like the i7 975 or i7 960 price wise maybe like 400-500 bucks eh?

Mr Pizza

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2010

Well AMD gets sales because of their price :D if the phen II x4 was priced as high as the i7 920-930 the sales would be down fo sho :lol: I don't think AMD will be that mean to make it like 600 bucks :love:

Mr Pizza

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2010

only because he plans on putting bulldozer or a derivative of it later on, yes, intel would be better, but you lose the upgrade path, and it isnt noticeably better in most games.

mm xartion do you even know what BD is? yeah its Intel's nightmare :) so.. yeah thats why :)