Feb 21, 2019
Hello, I've been troubleshooting in my free time over the last few months and I can't figure out how to see the display on a computer I built.
Here is a part list:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Bgp7LJ
I also have an ASUS M5A878L-M mobo and Nvidia GeForce GTX 770. They were parts I was using before but replaced as I got more and more frustrated with the build... (^^)"
Please note! that neither of these mobo have integrated graphic cards, so I am relying on the GPUs for the display.

The computer is turning on and all, but the monitor is not receiving signal I think. When I turn the power on for the monitor it just shows its brand name: "SCEPTRE", and then it goes black. I am unable to access UEFI/BIOS on this computer as a result. In every test, I was able to see the fans on the case (2), PSU (1), and GPU (1-2) spinning. I don't remember if the CPU fan spun but I do know it's plugged in.
The M5A878L-M mobo I was using at first was beeping, once then three times. Unlike the first mobo, the ASRock 970M PRO3 has not beeped at me at all. I tried flipping the speaker in the other direction on the header and still no beeps. I have tried both memory sticks independently, and I have tried both GPU. I originally had the CPU installed on the ASUS mobo and then moved it to the 970M as carefully as I could.
*I actually think I might have not received a mobo speaker with the 970M, and I just tried using the speaker that came with the ASUS mobo

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I went through that big list listing common mistakes, and I have gone through the installation guides for a few of the parts.
*I am unsure what to do with "Power Fan Connector" but that's the only header in the 970M installation guide that I'm unsure about.

I appreciate anybody's help, thank you.

Here is a previous thread I had posted about this same build: (thank you JED) https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/new-build-pc-wont-boot.3452451/

Grace

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2019
I removed the RAM i had in, and it didn't change anything. Are you... just having me remove different parts and seeing if it does anything? Cuz I work two jobs I don't have time for that.