[SOLVED] New Build. Ethernet. SpeedTest says 10MB Upload. but when I download a game it uploads less then 6MB?

Dec 20, 2020
I just recently built a new PC.
When I do a speed test on any sort of website. It says 50MB Download and 10MB Upload.
but when I download any sort of game off any website it get like 5 or less?
I downloaded my drivers and can provide any screen shot. Is there anything I can do too fix this?
Pc Specs.
b450 tomahawk max
Ryzen 5 3600
1660 Super
16 Gb of Ram
1TB SSD
SeaSonic 80 + Gold PSU.
Thanks.

Solution
Different reporting units.

Your ISP and speedtest reports in megabits.
Steam, etc report in megabytes.

8:1 ratio.
8 * 5Megabyes = 40 megabits, which is reasonably close tot he 50megabits you see from speedtest.net.
Dec 20, 2020
Different reporting units.

Your ISP and speedtest reports in megabits.
Steam, etc report in megabytes.

8:1 ratio.
8 * 5Megabyes = 40 megabits, which is reasonably close tot he 50megabits you see from speedtest.net.
Oh okay. So I will not be able to get higher then like 6 MBps? When I download via steam etc? or can I do something to change this.

popatim

Titan
There's too many other factors to consider when estimating networks speeds, even the chip the network card (Nic) makes a difference. I myself find 10 to 1 to be a good starting point and nics with intel chips usually getting closer to 9 to 1. (ie 1Gb is about ~120MB)

It's generally well accepted that:

Capital B = BYTE
Lowercase b = bit

There are 8 b (bits) for every 1 B (Byte) of data. So 50Mbps = 6.25MB/s. <--------(50/8)

You are getting your maximum theoretical download speed. You don't have any issues with your system or ISP. You're getting what you paid for.