[SOLVED] New build few complications please help!

Jul 3, 2021
Hello!
I just built my first pc everything went smooth until it was time to power it on. I'll list some parts in the build:
Ryzen 7x
Rog strix b550-e
MSI gaming trio 3070 ti
First start up I got the q code error 02. Second start up and for a few times after q code was d9. I have bios flask back ready as well as windows 10 BUT when booting my leds flash I this order:
Dram orange once then off
CPU red once then off
V constant white
Boot green
I hooked my monitor up using HDMI (only cable that came in the box with it) and nothing seems to show up. I'm also having issues with my bios flash back button not working, I get no blinking when trying to start the bios update. When using the USB with my windows 10 boot I did receive a q code AA but again nothing on my monitor but the black screen of death. I tried one last time and now it's back to w code 02, a black screen and LEDs are still flashing as stated above.
If anyone can help it I'd be so greatful! Thank you!

Solution
Hi Ray and Welcome to the Forum :D

VID_LED staying lit is a problem with your GPU or cable connection.

Qcode AA is not an error and means the Bios has successfully handed over to the Operating system.
Focus on your GPU cabling and connections.
Ryzen 7x? Is that a 5800X?

Are your certain your motherboard has a Ryzen 5000 ready BIOS? If not, you have to update your BIOS to be compatible. Read instructions carefully, be sure to extract archive and rename the binary file. Use the rename utility Asus provides to be sure it's done correctly.

After BIOS is updated be sure to reset CMOS: turn off power and disconnect from wall, remove coin cell battery, short pins for 30sec's to a minute, then reassemble.

Connect your monitor to a connector on the GPU, not one on the I/O back plate of the motherboard.

Jul 3, 2021
Ryzen 7x? Is that a 5800X?

Are your certain your motherboard has a Ryzen 5000 ready BIOS? If not, you have to update your BIOS to be compatible. Read instructions carefully, be sure to extract archive and rename the binary file. Use the rename utility Asus provides to be sure it's done correctly.

After BIOS is updated be sure to reset CMOS: turn off power and disconnect from wall, remove coin cell battery, short pins for 30sec's to a minute, then reassemble.

Connect your monitor to a connector on the GPU, not one on the I/O back plate of the motherboard.
Thank you so much! This is going to make you laugh, but I made an honest mistake and had my HDMI in my mother board. I still had the plugs in my graphics card. Once I hooked my HDMI to it it's all working! Right now I'm in the bios update and it seems smooth! It did say however on the American boot page "CPU fan error" not sure what that meant. All of my fans are working fine and at max since my main header is in the CPU port.

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
As drea alludes to above, the third light is VGA or video card/GPU. Only the AMD APUs (which end with a G in the modellnumber) come with built-in graphics. That is what the output on the motherboard is for, APUs.

How are you cooling your CPU? With an AIO?

Jul 3, 2021
As drea alludes to above, the third light is VGA or video card/GPU. Only the AMD APUs (which end with a G in the modellnumber) come with built-in graphics. That is what the output on the motherboard is for, APUs.

How are you cooling your CPU? With an AIO?
Yes, in my manual for my mother board it told me to hook the CPU fan directly to the aio port.

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
Yes, in my manual for my mother board it told me to hook the CPU fan directly to the aio port.

You mean the AIO cable to the CPU fan port. I have an AIO too and an Asus motherboard. I have an option in BIOS to ignore that error, otherwise the PC will stop at every boot at that error. So I turned off the error. My AIO don't report fan speed so it will always be zero IIRC.

Jul 3, 2021
You mean the AIO cable to the CPU fan port. I have an AIO too and an Asus motherboard. I have an option in BIOS to ignore that error, otherwise the PC will stop at every boot at that error. So I turned off the error.
Yes yes I'm sorry! I moved it over to the first port and it seems I'm not getting the error from American any more it goes straight to bios now. I'm going to see how the windows process goes.

Jul 3, 2021
Hi Ray and Welcome to the Forum :D

VID_LED staying lit is a problem with your GPU or cable connection.

Qcode AA is not an error and means the Bios has successfully handed over to the Operating system.
Focus on your GPU cabling and connections.
Hello! And thank you for the warm welcome! Some amazing people here have already helped me so much! I actually got everything up and running!