Question New Build - Noodling on Case and overall parts list....TIA!!

ddsalkin

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2012
Considering white(ish) build w/RBG in black case. I do a build every 8-10 years so here I am again. Would like some general feedback, any cautions or words of wisdom, and trying to find a decent case.

Purchasing Date: Now, prior build finally is having issues and decided it was time to update.
Budget: Leading edge, not bleeding edge
System Usage: I build for gaming since any work I do on this computer a gaming rig will be able to handle
Monitor: Samsung 32' Odyssey OLED G8 (G80SD) 4K UHD 240Hz ($968.59) - bought with corporate discount off Samsung site

Parts list so far:
-Ryzen 7 7800x3d ($461.95) - Walmart
-Sapphire Nitro+ AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX Vapor-X 24 Bg ($1,102.49) - Newegg
-Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX ICE ($199.99) - Newegg
-Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32Bg (2x16) RGB (6000/CL30) ($148.83) - Amazon
-Samsung 990 Pro 2 Tb ($168.65) - bought with corporate discount off Samsung site
-Arctic Liquid Freezer III (depends on case decision...would like 360 if it fits)
-PSU - TBD thinking 1200/1300w to be safe
-Legacy parts from old comp: 5.25" HDD SATA, 5.25" optical drive, 120 Gb Corsair GForce SDD

Case:
-Ideally Black tower with USBc front port, and ability to hold 5.25" front facing optical and internal 5.25 HDD. Can sacrifice the front 5.25" optical in favor of an external if need be but still want to use the 5.25" internal HDD.
-Considering:
-Thermaltake Core v71 - problem is while it can handle 2 x 5.25" (including one front facing), no USBc in front/top and adding the front oprital prohibits the 3 fan liquid cooling option as the optical takes up that space on the top front of case
-MSI Pano P100 - No 5.25" support
-**Be Quiet Dark Base 901 or smaller (still trying to figure out if this works...looks like it might have a 5.25" mount hidden under a flap??)...this might be the choice, but still looking into it.

Thanks again!

Lutfij

Titan
You could've passed on your PCPartPicker listing, if you did it there.

Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32Bg (2x16) RGB (6000/CL30) ($148.83) - Amazon
Make sure the ram you're looking at has AMD's E.X.P.O advertised on it's product package or website.

The matter about cases is subjective to your work environment and your own choices with aesthetics. Fractal's Pop series comes to mind but I think that limits your radiator size/support.

Reactions: ddsalkin

logainofhades

Titan
Yea, I missed that Amazon seller rating. 🤦‍♂️ Seeing what is in stock, even Best Buy is better priced, than that walmart price you gave.

Do you happen to live near a Microcenter?

Also I see you mentioned a 5.25" HDD Sata. Are you sure you don't mean 3.5"? I cannot recall ever seeing a 5.25" SATA drive.

ddsalkin

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2012
Nah, not close. Fry's used to be pretty good but they closed. The HDD I assume is SATA since that's what I initially thought it was connected with but may have to dig in and pull it out to verify.