rcsverige

Commendable
Mar 15, 2021
So I built a new PC... Well upgraded 1 main component... I upgraded the other stuff last year but couldnt afford the GPU until now.
MY CURRENT BUILD
Ryzen 5 3600
ASUS RTX 3060 12gb
Corsair 16gb DDR4 3200mhz
2 TB WDC HDD
250gb Samsung EVO SSD
Corsair 220t RGB chassis
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
4 RGB SP120 fans (3 intake, 1 exhaust)
Corsair RM650x PSU

I have a 650w powersupply. I have read numerous different estimated wattage from sites like PCpartpicker and also Asus Power supply estimate
One said 350w estimated and the other 550w estimated.
Id imagine that my PSU is fine but now Im getting a bit sketched out. I spent a bunch of money to upgrade these finaly components (also bought a ASUS tuf 1440p curved monitor) so I was wondering if anyone could let me know whether its fine or not. I have had some other people tell me that its completely fine but I like to have a range of opinions before chilling out. Seriously thank you to anyone who helps. EDIT* The fan on the top wasnt working because I didnt have enough headers so I needed to buy a splitter. Now it works.
Picture of my Build if you are interested: View: https://imgur.com/a/U2HZEVg

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
RM650X is perfectly capable of running an RTX 3060 safely (170W). Ryzen 5 3600 (65W) is pretty low power compared to what is possible. Everything else is pretty minimal.

I would agree that your system would consume about 350W under a heavy load, perfectly middle range for a 650W. And the RM650X is very high end as well.

Reactions: rcsverige

rcsverige

Commendable
Mar 15, 2021
RM650X is perfectly capable of running an RTX 3060 safely (170W). Ryzen 5 3600 (65W) is pretty low power compared to what is possible. Everything else is pretty minimal.

I would agree that your system would consume about 350W under a heavy load, perfectly middle range for a 650W. And the RM650X is very high end as well.

Thank you! I dont really know a ton about PCs so I became a bit paranoid about it all especially with the different estimates... I am assuming that 550 would be based on whether or not I OC the living <Mod Edit> out of my CPU and 3060?
Again thank you for helping!

Last edited by a moderator:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You would be hard pressed to do an overclock of that much. Nvidia is pretty strict with power limits and Ryzen chips don't benefit that much from overclocking so there isn't a whole lot of point to running high voltages there.