[SOLVED] New build won’t post. Think it’s the motherboard

phatpratt852

Reputable
Jul 8, 2015
Hey guys,
I recently built an AMD PC. Here is the pc part picker list.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Phatpratt/saved/DDpYgs

after I built it I was able to get it to boot and was running through the windows 10 usb install when the computer turned off. After that I wasn’t able to get it to post at all. No fans spinning nothing. The only thing that happens when I hit the power button is the motherboard fan spins for a second and the red CPU indicator flashes once. After that I can’t get anything to react until I fully unplug the power supply and plug it back in.

since then I have troubleshot everything down to where I’m sure it’s either the motherboard or the CPU. I don’t have another CPU to try to boot with so there’s no way for me to know. The motherboard is still receiving power though because of what I said earlier about the indicators as well as another thing. I tried flashing the bios (which didn’t work) but when I hit the flash bios button the USB turns on which shows me the motherboard is not dead. I think it has to be the CPU.

I was just wondering if anyone had a similar experience with a similar build to this and could help me out. Thank you.

phatpratt852

Reputable
Jul 8, 2015
I would def point to your Low quality 500 Watts PSU. You cheaped out on the PSU which you should never do. The PSU is the heart of your system.
that totally could be it. My homie recommended that power supply. The GPU isn’t shot though. You think it could’ve blown the cpu?

ASK THE COMMUNITY