[SOLVED] New build won’t post. Think it’s the motherboard

phatpratt852

Reputable
Jul 8, 2015
Hey guys,
I recently built an AMD PC. Here is the pc part picker list.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Phatpratt/saved/DDpYgs

after I built it I was able to get it to boot and was running through the windows 10 usb install when the computer turned off. After that I wasn’t able to get it to post at all. No fans spinning nothing. The only thing that happens when I hit the power button is the motherboard fan spins for a second and the red CPU indicator flashes once. After that I can’t get anything to react until I fully unplug the power supply and plug it back in.

since then I have troubleshot everything down to where I’m sure it’s either the motherboard or the CPU. I don’t have another CPU to try to boot with so there’s no way for me to know. The motherboard is still receiving power though because of what I said earlier about the indicators as well as another thing. I tried flashing the bios (which didn’t work) but when I hit the flash bios button the USB turns on which shows me the motherboard is not dead. I think it has to be the CPU.

I was just wondering if anyone had a similar experience with a similar build to this and could help me out. Thank you.