Question New build wont boot after it ran the first time

Dec 4, 2020
I just build a new pc and everything was starting fine for the first time. Played some games and shut it down. Wanted to start it the next day but now it automatically restarts after i get the win10 screening with the loading dots underneath. You can see the screen for about 2seconds and then it shuts down again.

i tried other ssds and even new ones with a bootable usb and still doesnt work. All the components show correctly in the bios

Specs:
Amd ryzen 5 3600xt
Corsair h100i RGB platinum
Msi mpg x570 gaming plus
Corsair vengeance 2x8GB 3200
Samsung 970 evo 1TB
Msi gtx 1060 gaming x 6GB
Corsair RM750

I cant find any videos that have the same issue. Most people just enter advanced repair or something like that but that also wont load. Removing the cmos battery for a while also doesnt make a difference.

Does anyone have any idea?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you get into BIOS and remain there indefinitely? You might want to remove all other components from your system except for the bare minim(one stick, only boot drive and discrete GPU on the board) to see if you're able to boot to GUI. Speaking of which, might want to see if the cooler is mounted onto the processor properly.

Dec 4, 2020
Thanks for welcome!
Yes i can stay in the bios forever how long I want. I just tried with only one ram stick installed, also tried with another stick and moving the stick to different slots. Cooler seems to be mounted properly because in the bios the temp readout seems pretty low.
With discrete gpu on boars you mean booting without a gpu mounted? Cant do that because the cpu doesnt have onboard graphics nor does the motherboard have video output. Tried it anyway and then the “EZ debug” led shows that a gpu is not detected. So it cant boot without a gpu.

Also tried without having the mouse, keyboard, any the fans and rgb connected. No difference.

Is there a way to show a video of what the problem looks like. Because it is unlike anything i could find on youtube and forums

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2020
So ive finally found the problem. If i put the GGPu in the bottom pcie slot it boots fine. Guess the top slot broke for some reason. To me it seems strange that it does work when in the bios but when it goes to launch win10 it doesnt. But yeah ill be sending the mobo back and hoping i can get a new one soon.