New Community Trophy Contest

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't sweat it. I don't understand half of them yet, nor do I much care. The only ones I think are worth anything are the actual category trophies for things like CPUs, memory, etc. Actual "areas" that a person specializes in or has knowledge about. The rest are basically just, I dunno, IMO, fluff. But if it helps with visitors and retention then it's worthwhile I suppose.

Since we have years of service, as well as the legacy "night owl" badge, something along the lines of continuous time on the forums.
5 hours with less than 10 minutes between replies/interactions (or x hours with less than x time between interactions).
Something like a stopwatch or hourglass for a symbol.
"dedication/time killer"

This could pose an issue with people posting mindless nonsense every 10 minutes to keep up with the total, but if they have those tendencies it would happen anyway.

Colif

Win 11 Master
My idea:
Serendipitous: Get 10 Best answers in every category.
Wise Wanderer: Get 25 Best Answers in every category.
Whimsical Wizard: Get 50 Best Answers in every category.

Why stop at 50? Make it 100 and get master lvl on all trophies.
Should be Platinum Trophy, you win Tom's beating it all... hope no expansion packs added :)

Last edited:

electro_neanderthal

Respectable
Jan 22, 2018
Why stop at 50? Make it 100 and get master lvl on all trophies.
Should be Platinum Trophy, you win Tom's beating it all... hope no expansion packs added :)
Well, I stopped at 50 because I wasn't sure what a good number was. I assumed it would be difficult to get 50 best answers on such a wide range of subjects that can be so different in nature. But you've seen the community more than I have, so 100 may be a more appropriate bar to set. But I didn't think of it as a "beating it all" achievement. I meant it as a mark of a "jack of all trades" kind of person who roams/wanders the entire forum because they have such a wide variety of expertise.

Reactions: Colif

Colif

Win 11 Master
Has Mr Dark Lord always been around or has there been a name change? Lol sorry for my ignorance.

People with Trophy points of 158k don't suddenly appear. People with over 25k Best answers don't suddenly appear... So yeah, SR-71 got a name change

His avatar must look good on his dark theme he uses.

Reactions: boju

MakoRuu

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013
I was thinking something along the lines of good behavior, as well.

Like, a Most Polite Trophy. You earn it for being polite and courteous to answers, or greeting new users. (Not that people aren't. But it might encourage more people to be.)

It would probably look like a person with a big smile adjusting their tie.

Reactions: R0GG

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Thanks to all who entered! This thread is locked for the next part of the event, which will be the review of all submissions and presentation of those best submission in a poll to all members for voting. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.