brendyn1803

Honorable
Mar 9, 2019
Hi there,
I recently purchased a Ryzen 7 5800x to pair up with my RX 6750XT, previously I had a 5600x but decided to gift this to a family member.

After installing my new cpu into the system, I ran into multiple errors. The system first off booted fine, but the errors seemed to happen as I loaded up a game. At first I had thought I must’ve installed the cpu badly, but that was not the case, then I did all the basics to troubleshoot any issues with the cpu, but after some trouble shooting it came down to an ntoskrnl issue. After some research I had figured this was a memory problem, previously I had no issues with my memory at all. I then did multiple things with my RAM, taking one stick out and leaving the other in, this worked causing no crashes into reboots, or bsod issues. I then tried switching around the slots, but it seems one stick now causes crashing. I made sure to test spare ram sticks I have, those worked fine causing no crashes or bsod issues.

After all that, I used the windows memory diagnostics tool to check for any memory issues with the 2 sticks that were causing crashes and blue screen issues, windows found no errors. I then used MemTest86, no errors. I will list all the troubleshooting things I tried, and my specs below. I’m really not sure why, or how this is happening, but I would appreciate any help to get to the bottom of it.

Thank you!

-Specs-
MSI B550M Gaming Plus
Asus Dual RX 6750xt
Ryzen 7 5800x
x2 TridentZ RGB DDR4 3600mhz 16gb
Running Windows 11 on Samsung evo plus

-CPU and RAM troubleshooting-
Cleared CMOS
Updated BIOS Drivers
Fresh install of GPU drivers
Updated Chipset drivers
Updated windows
Turned off all OC settings for CPU and RAM
Restored default settings in bios
Reset windows
Used sfc scan and dsim commands
Checked for any installation errors on the cpu
Used MemTest86
Used windows memory diagnostics
Used spare ram sticks

brendyn1803

Honorable
Mar 9, 2019
What CPU cooler are you using? When you swapped CPUs, did you change/replace the thermal compound
I am using a MasterLiquid ML240, the same cooler I had used previously with the 5600x. I wiped down the cooler plate with isopropyl alcohol wipes, and used Artic MX-4 as my thermal paste.

I forgot to mention that the compound I used before was the one included with the ML240.