Question New cpu installed, no display, updated bios too.

Feb 8, 2023
So I had to button shut off during the new cpu install when my monitor was telling me to press a button to configure new cpu. I had to shut off because my cpu fan stopped working cause it got caught in cpu fan cord.

I'm on asus rog strix b450i. I tried reseting bios by shoving screwdriver on clrtc jumper. Cause I guess that's the only way on this motherboard.

No display. Currently I'll leave PC unplugged and try again in hour or so.

I'm an IT major getting my certs rn so you don't have to dumb down anything.

Pretty sure it's booting fine imo.

I heard about maybe holding power off for 10 seconds 4 times will try a safer boot method.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What processor are you working with and what did you upgrade to? Also, make and model of your discrete GPU? Try working with one stick of ram. As for the Clear CMOS matter, how long did you jump the CLRTC pins?

updated bios too
With your prior known working processor?

Reactions: ChoxicRL
Feb 8, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What processor are you working with and what did you upgrade to? Also, make and model of your discrete GPU? Try working with one stick of ram. As for the Clear CMOS matter, how long did you jump the CLRTC pins?

updated bios too
With your prior known working processor?
I was running ryzen 3600, upgraded to 5700x. For gpu im running Xfx 6700xt. I tried 5 second and about 8 seconds both times I tried reseting. Ram has always been a problem with my motherboard. Yeah I'll try with one ram.

Feb 8, 2023
I was running ryzen 3600, upgraded to 5700x. For gpu im running Xfx 6700xt. I tried 5 second and about 8 seconds both times I tried reseting. Ram has always been a problem with my motherboard. Yeah I'll try with one ram.
Yes I did update to the correct bios before installing. 4801.

Feb 8, 2023
Yeah I'll install old cpu, if it works I'll probably try installing new cpu again. I didn't clear cmos but I did notice my dram freq was back to default after updating bios before swapping. My psu is a 630w gold, prob. 5 years old and came pre-installed in my mITX case. I don't get specs via speccy so I don't know model.

Feb 8, 2023
Ok just installed old cpu. It's working. But I am at old screen when I had to shutdown with new cpu. I'll type it now cause I don't wanna send Pic link

Feb 8, 2023
We detected a new processor, which will change the data structure of the storage space for firm where TPM.

If you did not apply TPM function please press Y to continue. Otherwise follow the instruction below.

Press Y to reset FTP M, if you have bitlocker or encryption enabled the system will not boot without a recovery key..

Press N to keep previous FTPM Record and continue system boot, FTP M will not enable in new processor. You can swap back to the old processor to recover tpm related keys and data.

Feb 8, 2023
I will probably reinstall new cpu and I'm sure it will work.

Issue number 2 tho. In bios my ram defaulted back to 2133 mhz will on auto in AI tweaker.

I have 3200 cl16 gskill 16 gb ram. When I set it to docp I would get normal timings but its default 2133 mhz freq. When I set it to auto I would get 3400 mhz for some reason but like double the Cas timings.

Maybe with new cpu I can get better frequency with good timings? Or the new bios update?