• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

[SOLVED] New gaming build, budget flexible, use €2000 as orientation

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

horstp

Commendable
Jul 17, 2018
From those pictures there is really no way for hot air to escape out the back of the case without a huge buildup of hot air around the case.
That shouldn't be an issue though, now that the flow is reversed, right? The intake is now in the back and the exhaust in front.

horstp

Commendable
Jul 17, 2018
The PC is sitting outside now, it's at 62°C now, the difference seems rather small.

GPU at 80°C and CPU at 62°C when outside the compartment. Inside it was 80-90°C and 66°C respectively.

horstp

Commendable
Jul 17, 2018
Phew. I guess it was just the fans on the CPU cooler then. They were both pointing out.

Played another round, looks like the peaks are 70°C for the CPU and 85°C for the GPU.

horstp

Commendable
Jul 17, 2018
They both seem to idle at about 59°C... so I guess that's just the ambient temp of the PC.

Seem high, but considering that my last PC was always crazy hot, too and lasted 10 years, I'm not too worried. :/

horstp

Commendable
Jul 17, 2018
Ambient temps will make a big difference in the idle temps.

How has the performance been in WH2?
Performance is great. It's just those outages I've had. I described them earlier. Screen goes black for 2-3 seconds, then comes back blocky in black and white, then the game is back. Music keeps playing the whole time.

Plus the PC is so incredibly hot down their next to my leg.... it's still so hot to the touch, it almost hurts.

And my room is still very noticeably warmer than the rest of the apartment.

horstp

Commendable
Jul 17, 2018
Yes. Except for spikes of a few seconds where it goes above 80, it is consistently around 72°C at the moment.

GPU has been consistently at 93°C for about an hour. I have noticed this now: There is a fan that I can clearly hear whining in the case, every couple of minutes it cuts out, then the screen turns black for a few seconds.

I have also finally managed to capture the blackouts in Warhammer 2, here's a video:
View: https://i.imgur.com/ol9XTIa.mp4

horstp

Commendable
Jul 17, 2018
I will check. I was thinking too, the GPU is completely outside of the airflow in the case, isn't it? It's sitting there at the bottom where no air circulates.

horstp

Commendable
Jul 17, 2018
Seriously. If I hadn't thrown out all the packages, I'd send the whole thing back. I realise now what a bad mistake it was not to mention the fact that the PC would have to live in a very tight space.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS