Question New GPU acting strange ?

Jul 2, 2023
Specs:

- asus prime b450m-a
- rtx 3060 ti asus dual oc
- ryzen 5 5600
- corsair 16gb 3200mhz
- cooler master mwe 700w

Is a long story, i had an asus rtx 3060 before all of this happened and everything was running fine, i saw and offer and managed to get a rtx 3060 ti zotac for less than my 3060 so i changed it, after installing it i noticed strange things happening like flashing windows, strange black boxes appearing for less than a millisecond, visual artifacts in some games like cod cold war and a strange screen flashing /tearing happening only when dying (not the killcam), weird screen tearing even with high fps (like 120+), during this time with the zotac i had a different psu a xfx 500w 80+ bronze, i knew i was risking it but everything worked (no crashes anything like that).

During that time i did a lot of benchmarks, driver testing (cleaning every time with ddu) and stress tests and everything seemed all right even better than the average, i used programs like superposition 1080p extreme and the demo of time spy, no crashes nothing strange no artifacts no flashing during the benchmarks, i searched for days for something similar and found a guy that had the same problem with my same gpu so i decided to change it and get a new one, the one i have today.

I got a rtx 3060 ti asus dual oc the problems where still there after installing it, still the strange problem with cod and flashing windows, at this time i still had the xfx 500w and at this point i was almost sure that the psu was not enough for the new gpu so today i got a new one, 700w i'm pretty sure is enough for a 3060ti (my sistem has no rgb or anything like that, 2 fans a ssd m2 a normal ssd and nothing else), even after changing the psu the same problems are still here, i didn't notice any black box artifacts yet but sometimes i see some white flash that should not happening and the dying cod tearing/flashing screen.

I did the same bench and added occt and no problems were found and performance are good, watching twitch it looks like the video is choppy/stuttering sometimes but at this point i don't even know if i'm imagining it because these flashing/tearing/artifacts are so fast and i have no way to reproduce it, another strange thing is when i log in to window, is like the top half screen is faster at rendering the image than the bottom half, i have changed the hdmi cable but nothing changed, i have a 2 monitor set up and one of them is really old and i'm using an adapater from vga to display port on it, i want to specify that when i had the rtx 3060 (non ti) everything was running fine.

Forgot to add that both cpu and gpu temps are good, no overheating.
only the cpu is overclocked, to 4,50ghz
both monitors are at 60hz

If anyone can help me out i would really appreciate it, i really don't know where else to look or what to do

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

cooler master mwe 700w
Can you pass on a link t the PSU you're on at this moment of time? Did you remove all GPU drivers using DDU prior to dropping in the latter GPU in your build?

BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?

IDProG

Distinguished
Specs:

- asus prime b450m-a
- rtx 3060 ti asus dual oc
- ryzen 5 5600
- corsair 16gb 3200mhz
- cooler master mwe 700w

Is a long story, i had an asus rtx 3060 before all of this happened and everything was running fine, i saw and offer and managed to get a rtx 3060 ti zotac for less than my 3060 so i changed it, after installing it i noticed strange things happening like flashing windows, strange black boxes appearing for less than a millisecond, visual artifacts in some games like cod cold war and a strange screen flashing /tearing happening only when dying (not the killcam), weird screen tearing even with high fps (like 120+), during this time with the zotac i had a different psu a xfx 500w 80+ bronze, i knew i was risking it but everything worked (no crashes anything like that).
During that time i did a lot of benchmarks, driver testing (cleaning every time with ddu) and stress tests and everything seemed all right even better than the average, i used programs like superposition 1080p extreme and the demo of time spy, no crashes nothing strange no artifacts no flashing during the benchmarks, i searched for days for something similar and found a guy that had the same problem with my same gpu so i decided to change it and get a new one, the one i have today.
I got a rtx 3060 ti asus dual oc the problems where still there after installing it, still the strange problem with cod and flashing windows, at this time i still had the xfx 500w and at this point i was almost sure that the psu was not enough for the new gpu so today i got a new one, 700w i'm pretty sure is enough for a 3060ti (my sistem has no rgb or anything like that, 2 fans a ssd m2 a normal ssd and nothing else), even after changing the psu the same problems are still here, i didn't notice any black box artifacts yet but sometimes i see some white flash that should not happening and the dying cod tearing/flashing screen, i did the same bench and added occt and no problems were found and performance are good, watching twitch it looks like the video is choppy/stuttering sometimes but at this point i don't even know if i'm imagining it because these flashing/tearing/artifacts are so fast and i have no way to reproduce it, another strange thing is when i log in to window, is like the top half screen is faster at rendering the image than the bottom half, i have changed the hdmi cable but nothing changed, i have a 2 monitor set up and one of them is really old and i'm using an adapater from vga to display port on it, i want to specify that when i had the rtx 3060 (non ti) everything was running fine.
forgot to add that both cpu and gpu temps are good, no overheating.
only the cpu is overclocked to 4,50ghz
both monitors are at 60hz

If anyone can help me out i would really appreciate it, i really don't know where else to look or what to do
Is the 3060 Ti new or used?

Jul 2, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

cooler master mwe 700w
Can you pass on a link t the PSU you're on at this moment of time? Did you remove all GPU drivers using DDU prior to dropping in the latter GPU in your build?

BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?
Thanks for the welcome!

Here's the link https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/power-supplies/mwe-series/mwe-700-white-230v-v2/
the psu is new bought from amazon, i'm from europe italy so the 230v is not a problem for me

I installed just yesterday the latest bios for my motherboard the 4002 version, the problems persisted even after the update, i found many people online saying to change the pcie gen version from auto to gen 3 but i can't find that option anywhere on my bios settings.

I cleaned the drivers with ddu as always but nothing changed, i installed the 531,41 nvidia drivers version like an hour ago after looking online for some stable drivers, still need to notice any flash or strange things atm

Jul 2, 2023
i was thinking maybe is something to do with the monitor not being able to work well with the new gpu? i don't know if it is even possible but i feel like is something about the refresh rate and monitor