Question New GPU installation won't move past boot screen

Feb 22, 2020
Today I decided to upgrade my graphics card and purchased a brand new GeForce GTX 1650 MSi. I'm currently running an older i7-2600 3.4 GHZ processor with 12 GB of RAM. The previous card was an older AMD Radeon that still works fine for day to day and with older games.

In the past, I've always been able to install the new card, then remove the old drivers and install the new ones. All of this would be after the actual new card installation. However, after installing the new card the PC will power up, get to the "Dell" screen with the F2 and F12 options, but it won't move past this or even allow me to access Boot modes or BIOS.

I took out the card, put my old one back in and my old card is working fine. I double checked and all my BIOS drivers are updated. I had done my research and confirmed that this rig, while older, should be compatible. Any insight you could provide would be great. Thanks in advance!

~Ryan

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2020
It’s the power supply that came with it, a Dell AC460AD-00 (460w max). If you think it’s not enough, I could have a new PSU installed by Monday, up to 700w.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2020
So this is my exact issue, guess my research wasn’t thorough enough as it likely isn’t compatible as you suggested.