Question New GPU, no video after windows login

Aug 17, 2019
Hi, I’ve been having some issues with my build after trying to install a new GPU
First off specs

Mobo: x570 Aorus Ultra bios version f11
CPU: Ryzen 3800x with AMA stock wraith cooler No OC
RAM: 3 16gb Corsair dominator platinum and 1 stock 8gb HP ram ( this configuration is the only way I could get it to boot couple months back when I upgraded my old CPU)
PSU: bronze certified 800watts can’t tell the brand as it came preinstalled with the cyber power case I have
Memory: 250GB WD blue SSD and 2 TB Toshiba hard drive
GPU: EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC

Clean install of windows, deleted old drivers with DDU and plugged new GPU, after quite a few attempts to get windows to boot I finally get to the logging screen and almost immediately after logging in, I get a black screen with the PC still running. This is as far as I’ve gotten.
Some background into what I’ve donde so far. First off I tried mounting the new GPU without uninstalling drivers, no luck windows wouldn’t boot, then I tried installing the new drivers before mounting the GPU same issue windows wouldn’t boot, I did this both with regular boot and safe mode.
I put the old GPU back (a gt710 I temporarily used while the new GPU got here) and everything was working normally.
I started upgrading this build by parts first getting the ram then the mobo and the cpu and finally the GPU, and back when I upgraded the mobo/cpu I couldn’t get it to work with the GTX 1070 I had that’s why I got a gt710 as a temporary replacement.
With each upgrade I did a clean install of windows and right now with the GPU I’m lost. I’ve tried resetting CMOS, clearing drivers and installing again. Changing ram stick order, trying the GPU on a different pc(it works fine), tried putting a different GTX 1070 on this mobo to discard it being a GPU issue but with the same result( black screen after logging), pretty much everything except reseating the cpu which I don’t think will make a difference. Also I don’t think it would be the PCIe lane on the mobo as it works just fine with the gt710

So far the 2 things I can think of that are affecting is either the GPU not connecting properly due to the giant heat sink on the mobo chipset or that my PSU is somewhat faulty.
I’ve ordered a PCIe extender to mount the GPU vertically and see if that does the trick and I’m trying to get my hands on a new PSU.

Regardless any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
First thing: What's with that RAM. Was any two bought as a pair/kit? If so, install them in A2-B2 slots. If they were all bought as separate random sticks, pick one and install it in A2 slot.

Second: But yourself a decent PSU at least 650watts.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2019
First thing: What's with that RAM. Was any two bought as a pair/kit? If so, install them in A2-B2 slots. If they were all bought as separate random sticks, pick one and install it in A2 slot.

Second: But yourself a decent PSU at least 650watts.
I bought it as a whole 64gb kit but when i initially bought I had a mobo with compatibility issues and when I upgraded that I found out one of the sticks wouldn’t work when all of them were connected and this was way the date I could return them so I had no choice but to keep them.

I’m getting one in a couple of days, just trying to figure out if there’s anything else I should be looking into , thanks though

Aug 17, 2019
Update: I changed the psu for a Corsair cx650m bronze80 plus and did a clean install of win10 and now I can get to windows just fine but when I install de nvidia drivers there’s a black screen again, I tried this with regular boot and safe mode, every single time after install and restart windows no longer boots just a black screen and the PC running.
I’m thinking it might be a driver issue and tried installing different versions of the driver from evga and nvidia and nothing fixes the issue.
For a second I thought it might be my wall outlet and I changed places but it is still happening.
Any more ideas would be greatly appreciated

update 2: can log into windows now and drivers are installed but I get the device manager error code 43, tried uninstalling and installing again same problem.
GPU is detected in CPUz.
Also in device manager There is a pci device with the yellow icon and an error 28 and a message that device drivers can’t be found or updated.

Last edited: