hevinkare

Commendable
Apr 14, 2017
Feel free to hammer me! I'm very green in this world welcome any input even at my expense lol. I recently changed to an rtx 2070 super from a GTX 1060 and have become obsessed with optimization. I mainly play games like destiny and overwatch but am wanting to learn video editing. Last night I did (I think) my first benchmark with an msi program. I just fiddled with the premade tests but noticed I had better results with the 1080p test vs the native 1440p. My monitor is a 144 hz 2560x1440 with gsync. I am looking to pick up a second monitor and based off my ham fisted benchmark am assuming I would get better results from a 1080p high refresh monitor. But then having mismatched resolutions on a dual screen setup isn't very appealing. Would I do well to try and sell my current higher resolution monitor and pick up 2 1080s? Is the difference negligible? Any input or advice is greatly appreciated!

hevinkare

Commendable
Apr 14, 2017
if it adds any insight, my current GPU is RTX 2070 SUPER VENTUS OC BV and I have cpu-wise, an i5-6600 (concerned about this becoming dated/needing upgrade). I will answer any other queries! Thank you for any time spared!