New Keyboard? (wow exciting)

Macros0001

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2006
Hey everyone. Just thought I'd throw this on here and see what people think....

My roommate spilled lemonade on my keyboard today, so I need to get a new one. My question is....what ones do people like on here?

I use my computer mostly for gaming (probably 75%), but I don't want one of those crazy ass keyboards BUILT for gaming. I just want a good, all around, reliable keyboard. Money isn't a huge issue...but obviously I don't need a keyboard that costs like $75.

Any thoughts?

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005
What works for me won't necessarily be good for you. I'd suggest going to an electronics stofe with a good selection, spending an hour or so typing on a lot of keyboards and walking out with the one that feels best. (Try to avoid looking at the prices...)

4745454b

Titan
I've got kids here, so I just go to kmart/walmart and get a $10 keyboard. That way when the roommate, I mean kids kill it, I'm not out a lot of money.

I do like the feel of the ergo keyboards for typing, and I dont' know how I would have made it out of college without one, but I don't like them for gaming. I've been gaming with normal layout keyboards for so long that I just couldn't get used to the curved one.

Macros0001

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2006
I tried the dishwasher root about 4 years ago and it didn't seem to help that much, keys were still messed up.

Thanks for all the info tho, was thinking it would be the best to go check them out at the store...guess I'll see what Circuit City has to offer :p

wallis

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
the mac keyboards are real good for gaming...ive had mine for 3 years and i play quake 3 everyday for about 4 hours and its still going strong.

I just got a Logitech G11, which is like the G15 without the LCD, so it's a little cheaper. I got it because it is lighted, which is useful when I'm at my PC while my Special One is watching TV; she prefers less light on. So far, I like the feel of it very well. If light isn't an issue, then I've used Microsquishy keyboards for years with success. Just don't give me the split layout.
As others suggested, look/try before you buy. Among the likely variances you may find annoying are the sizes of the [Enter] and [Backspace] keys, and possibly the placement of the backslash ("\").

Oh, one REALLY nice feature of the G11/G15 is the ability to turn OFF the Windows key. However often you've become annoyed by accidentally hitting it during a game, you'll appreciate this feature.

4745454b

Titan
Oh, one REALLY nice feature of the G11/G15 is the ability to turn OFF the Windows key. However often you've become annoyed by accidentally hitting it during a game, you'll appreciate this feature.

I want one of those. No more death because I wasn't in the game...

firetatoo

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2007
i use a logitech mx3000 wireless set (keyboard and mouse).
i also have some NiMH rechargable AA batteries i use with it and my digital camera. as for the windows key... you can turn that off in the registry.

niz

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2003
Hey everyone. Just thought I'd throw this on here and see what people think....

My roommate spilled lemonade on my keyboard today, so I need to get a new one. My question is....what ones do people like on here?

I use my computer mostly for gaming (probably 75%), but I don't want one of those crazy ass keyboards BUILT for gaming. I just want a good, all around, reliable keyboard. Money isn't a huge issue...but obviously I don't need a keyboard that costs like $75.

Any thoughts?

I'm REALLY pleased with my Logitech G15.