Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 11, 2020
Hey all, I just bought a Crucial P1 1TB M.2 (2280) NVMe PCIe SSD for my Lenovo Ideapad 110s-11ibr, but it's not showing up in file explorer, and it's not showing up in disk management, or in the BIOS menu, is there some kind of software I'm supposed to install, I've unplugged it and put it back in, I want to use it to put my operating system on so I have 1tb internal storage instead of just 32gb

Dec 11, 2020
How have you verified that the M.2 port can take a NVMe storage device?
User manual and hardware maintenance from Lenovo doesn't really state.

It DOES speak to the M.2 port being for the WLAN.

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/ideapad110s-11ibr_hmm_201610.pdf
I can't see the part where it speaks about the m.2 port being for WLAN, I've seen video tutorials where other users have put in an m.2 SSD into the m.2 port and it seemed to work for them with the model of SSD they chose

Dec 11, 2020
Uhh thank you, I've had a closer look at the part where it states how to remove wireless LAN, and it seems to be located on the other side of the motherboard, but the port does look similar to the m.2 port that my ssd is in, my ssd is in the part where it says in that manual where to remove the SSD on page 39, and directly below that page it shows where the WLAN is I believe

USAFRet

Titan
Uhh thank you, I've had a closer look at the part where it states how to remove wireless LAN, and it seems to be located on the other side of the motherboard, but the port does look similar to the m.2 port that my ssd is in, my ssd is in the part where it says in that manual where to remove the SSD on page 39, and directly below that page it shows where the WLAN is I believe
Can you show us a pic of the actual motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.