Dave.S_75

Prominent
Jun 6, 2021
I am looking for a new motherboard, I currently have a 3700x but after moving house they broke my motherboard during transit by dropping the box (luckily I took out my GPU).
I have up to £200 can go higher if needed, but I am looking for something that has a type-c front panel connector and is good enough to run the latest 5000 series cpus such as 5900x etc in the future, I don't OC that much so that should be a worry.
It needs 2 m.2 but with most if not all B550 mobos come with 2 or more with one at 4 gen most of the time.

I have been looking at the b550-f, Aorus Pro V2 B550, Tomahawk, Tuf B550-Plus.
It also needs to be Full-ATX.

Any recommendations would be nice, or if any questions need answering please ask.
Thanks in advance. If there is an option what doesn't have front panel type c what is better please put, there also needs to be a fair amount of USB on the rear IO what are decent speeds e.g., usb 3+

Thanks in advance.

Dave.S_75

Prominent
Jun 6, 2021
For the past 30 minutes I have been looking at the gigabyte b550 aorus pro v2, asus rog strix b550-e gaming and -f variation. Should I go with one of theses? Am hoping to buy today so it comes on tuesday.

Dave.S_75

Prominent
Jun 6, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Either of the boards you've listed are good contenders for your build and that processor, though shortlisting leaves us with this;
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/products/motherboard/#f=2&c=145&sort=price&page=1

And from that, the cream of the crop, rice wise would be the Gigabyte's Vision D models.
Thanks @Lutfij
I am unable to get any decent prices around my area what doesn't involve a very long waiting time and £15+ shipping for the vision d models. If it was between the b550-e and the aorus pro 2 which one would you go for? I like the fact that the pro 2 has usbC front panel and multiple gen 3 usb at in the IO unlike the 550-e where it lacks in the IO but does have a lot of usb ports. As well, how well can the pro 2 handle a cpu like the 5900x stock? As they are about £40 - £50 difference in price. From what I understand and read that both should be able to handle a 5900x with OC (not really looking for OC, but am always interested)

Thanks again.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS