[SOLVED] New Motherboard NO DISPLAY

JJJJere

Commendable
Apr 13, 2021
Hello everyone, is me again and this f** PC

About a month ago my motherboard died, so I bought a new one, just 1 week of using it and it started to give me the same problem that the previous one. I turn on the pc and instantly have no display. The first time it happened, I could turn it on and use it for a couple of hours, the same the second time, so the third time but the fourth automatically no display.
There is something weird that when I turn on the PC everything works and the gpu fan rotates 5-10 seconds and then stops but the other fans do not and when I have connected the keyboard and mouse they don’t show any sign that they work.

My Specs:
Motherboard Asrock 760GM-HDV
Amd Fx-6300
Gt 630
8GB DDR3 Corsair
HDD WD Blue 500GB
PSU Blaze 450W
Win10 Pro 64Bit

I’ve tried:
-Clearing the CMOS
-Unplugging the VGA cable from my GPU and plugging it into the VGA port directly on the motherboard
-Using another monitor
-Re-seating the RAM and turning on without any RAM at all
-Unplugging everything from the rear panel then turning on
-Unplugging everything, including the power cable from the PSU, then holding down the power button for a full minute (apparently discharges electricity), then plugging everything back in and turning on
Remove the gpu and then turning on

Last edited:
Solution
Yes, it could be the PSU but it’s been working fine with my other motherboard.
Really? You said that motherboard died: how much do you know about how it died? In particular it could have stressed your PSU; weakend by that stress it's easy to understand why it might die with a new board. Another scenario is the PSU went bad, outputting excessive voltage that burned out the old board, then burned out the new board in the few weeks you owned it. Either are plausible.

With FX6300 and GT630 (both released in or around 2012) that system appears to be pretty old...maybe as much as 7 or 8 years. I'm no PSU expert, but that Blaze unit has got to be as off-brand as they come and a very good candidate for slow failure as cheap Chinese...
Yes, it could be the PSU but it’s been working fine with my other motherboard.
Really? You said that motherboard died: how much do you know about how it died? In particular it could have stressed your PSU; weakend by that stress it's easy to understand why it might die with a new board. Another scenario is the PSU went bad, outputting excessive voltage that burned out the old board, then burned out the new board in the few weeks you owned it. Either are plausible.

With FX6300 and GT630 (both released in or around 2012) that system appears to be pretty old...maybe as much as 7 or 8 years. I'm no PSU expert, but that Blaze unit has got to be as off-brand as they come and a very good candidate for slow failure as cheap Chinese capacitors loose effectiveness with age. It's a really good candidate for failure so if you have one, or can get hold of one, swapping PSU's to see if it helps would be a good idea. Especially if I'm right about age of the system.

Or just buy a new high quality unit, at least 550W, as it is a good investment since even if that one's not bad it will be soon enough. Good modern units come with 10year warranties and should be considered an investment since they'll go into the next system when you upgrade that one.

Last edited:
Solution

JJJJere

Commendable
Apr 13, 2021

With FX6300 and GT630 (both released in or around 2012) that system appears to be pretty old...maybe as much as 7 or 8 years. I'm no PSU expert, but that Blaze unit has got to be as off-brand as they come and a very good candidate for slow failure as cheap Chinese capacitors loose effectiveness with age. It's a really good candidate for failure so if you have one, or can get hold of one, swapping PSU's to see if it helps would be a good idea. Especially if I'm right about age of the system.

Or just buy a new high quality unit, at least 550W, as it is a good investment since even if that one's not bad it will be soon enough. Good modern units come with 10year warranties and should be considered an investment since they'll go into the next system when you upgrade that one.

I know that the old motherboard is dead because took the PC to a technician and that what they told me.

Yes, you re right about the age of the system.
I have another PSU but it is also cheap, I will try that one if something changes.

I know that the old motherboard is dead because took the PC to a technician and that what they told me.
I didn't mean to suggest it may not be dead, just that you don't know exactly why it died (or haven't told us if you do know). I'm just saying it's possible a failing PSU with wildly erratic voltage output could have damaged that motherboard and is doing the same to this one...if it hasn't already done so...or was itself damaged when the motherboard failed.

JJJJere

Commendable
Apr 13, 2021
I didn't mean to suggest it may not be dead, just that you don't know exactly why it died (or haven't told us if you do know). I'm just saying it's possible a failing PSU with wildly erratic voltage output could have damaged that motherboard and is doing the same to this one...if it hasn't already done so...or was itself damaged when the motherboard failed.

I haven't told because don't even know why is dead, but It's definitely the power supply, I tried this other “BRB 550W” I think ... (it looks cheap like the one I have), luckily my PC boots! So I guess I'll have to buy a new one. Base on what I have, can you recommend me a good PSU? Thanks.

This is what I want to know now, this happened to me 2 times, Why is it? Is it because there is not enough power for it to reach the gpu? Or is it something more complex?
Now I'm wondering if my old motherboard works and it was always a PSU problem..

I haven't told because don't even know why is dead, but It's definitely the power supply, I tried this other “BRB 550W” I think ... (it looks cheap like the one I have), luckily my PC boots! So I guess I'll have to buy a new one. Base on what I have, can you recommend me a good PSU? Thanks.

This is what I want to know now, this happened to me 2 times, Why is it? Is it because there is not enough power for it to reach the gpu? Or is it something more complex?
Now I'm wondering if my old motherboard works and it was always a PSU problem..
I really like Corsair RM550x, but Seasonic Focus GOLD GM550 is also pretty good. They're a bit more expensive so if you prefer to shop the thing is to look for an 80+ gold rating and highly listed on the tier listings. Also, if 650W is within reach cost-wise it won't hurt to get one since these are investments and will go into a new upgrade system. 650W is pretty much the requirement for modern GPU's (if they ever come down in price to be affordable). They have fairly log warranties...up to 10 years in some cases...so you have high likelyhood of getting quality product with high quality made-in-Japan capacitors.

I also suspect your old board is still functional, btw. But you've got what you've got, so no reason to look back. The thing you really need to do is look forward: this is an old system and an old-old platform. Planning an upgrade path is pretty important, but at least a new PSU can be part of the future.

Last edited:

JJJJere

Commendable
Apr 13, 2021
I really like Corsair RM550x, but Seasonic Focus GOLD GM550 is also pretty good. They're a bit more expensive so if you prefer to shop the thing is to look for an 80+ gold rating and highly listed on the tier listings. Also, if 650W is within reach cost-wise it won't hurt to get one since these are investments and will go into a new upgrade system. 650W is pretty much the requirement for modern GPU's (if they ever come down in price to be affordable). They have fairly log warranties...up to 10 years in some cases...so you have high likelyhood of getting quality product with high quality made-in-Japan capacitors.

I also suspect your old board is still functional, btw. But you've got what you've got, so no reason to look back. The thing you really need to do is look forward: this is an old system and an old-old platform. Planning an upgrade path is pretty important, but at least a new PSU can be part of the future.

Thank you for the PSU’s recommendation, final question, like you said is and old system and I’m aware of that, do you think with a new PSU I could have any more problems? I just want to make sure that I am not throwing my money away and that a new problem appears!