Question New PC build need help desperatly

Mar 6, 2019
Hello, I'm new to this forum site, I decided to post her because I've been seeing a fair few people have their issuse with new PC builds solved, so I figured I'd give this a go, Microsoft forums got me nowhere, at least in my experience.

Anyway, on to my problems, A couple of weeks ago I built a new PC all brand new parts, when I first powered it on there were no problems after a while then I started getting very very frequent random crashes, freez reboots, & clock watchdog timeout error BSOD's that the only code I was getting, So I tried asking the microsoft community forums to see if they could assist but they couldn't, Today I decided to take another look closer this time at the LED's on my motherboard, it's an MSI B450m Pro m2, the LED's on it are marked CPU, DRAM, VGA & boot, I removed the single ram 8gb ddr4 g skill ripjaws v series ram stick that I want to pair with another one later on for a total of 16gb dual channel,the DRAM LED stayed on I'm guessing that means there's no RAM in the slot right? If so that's what got me thinking, because after all the problems I mentioned at the start I'm now not getting any video on the monitor VGA I tried the different display outputs & still nothing, When turing on the PC all the lights flash for a second I'm guessing that means everything is working, but then when it get to the CPU LED it stays on for a couple of seconds then goes off then nothhing happensthe fans are still spinning & there's not video on the monitor, could this mean that there's something wrong with my CPU, or perhaps the Motherboard? maybe the pins are bent slightly?
My Specs
CPU: Ryzen 3 2200g
Motherboard: MSI B450m Pro m2
RAM: 8gb DDR4 2666mhz G.Skill Ripjaws V series
PSU: Thermaltake TR2S 450w
The problems mostly happened during using google chrome & downloading games & other applications, I really need help with the problem I haven't had a PC for almost an entire year now, any help & suggestions are greatly appreciated hope to hear from you soon

Mind your language.
This is a family friendly site.
Lutfij

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
You will definitely need to rule out a horrible PSU from the equation, being that TR2S unit. Which slot did you have the ram populating on the board? You will also need to inspect the CPU's pin and see if anything got bent or broken.

Mar 6, 2019
Hello I built my first PC a couple of days ago all brand new parts, it's giving a lot of trouble, first after installing windows 10 pro it was constantly crashing, rebooting, & giving me BSOD's with clock watch dog time out error code, now it isn't booting at all the led's on the motherbord flash DRAM, VGA & BOOT but the CPU led stays on for a couple of seconds then goes off, no POST no video on the monitor not even the BIOS creen, for some reason it isn't giving any video output at all, & the VGA cable is plugged in properly too, the fans are are also still spinning, the guy at my local computer repair store said the CPU takes a little longer to get warm or something like that I don't remember exactly, maybe it's not getting enough power or something? I've made sure multiple times that everything on the motherboard is plugged in properly too, it's either the mobo or CPU everything else the guy said is working fine, I really don't know what to do here I really need your help, I'm really considering getting either a new motherboard &/or CPU I hope my current CPU & mobo aren't DOA

My specs

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200g
Motherboard: MSI B450m Prom2
RAM: G. Skill Ripjaws V series 8gb DDR4 2666mhz
PSU: Thermaltake TR2S 450w

Mar 6, 2019
When it powers on the fans are spinning the CPU light comes on for a couple of seconds then goes off I get no video out put on the monitor no post or boot, after some reasearch I'm thinking my motherboard is DOA, when I first turned on the PC after building it for the first time it worked fine for a short time, then I was constantly getting CLOCK WATCH DOG TIME OUT error BSOD's with crashes, freezing & reboots randomly & freaquently, I really need help to fix this

Mar 6, 2019
This error can be caused by cores on threads not cooperating well (when a core or thread is waiting for something and it doesn't come) this website has a lot of info on the subject and it could fix your problem.
Alright so it is the processor, I don't suppose getting a brand new one would fix this as well as a fresh install of windows would it? If it can then I really appreciate your help thank you so much for this information, I'm glad I came to tom's hardware, I'll try getting a new CPU to test & see if it all works then

Mar 6, 2019
After constant BSOD's with clock watchdog time out errors & crashing/rebooting during a reset to try & fix it, my PC isn't posting or booting, the led on the motherboard for the CPU comes on but then goes off & nothing happens, the fans are still spinning, I can't tell if I have a dead/failed motherboard or CPU, PLEASE HELP!

Title edited by moderator (to include nature of problem)

Last edited by a moderator:

TRENDING THREADS