[SOLVED] New PC build, need help for choosing the right PSU

simez1

Prominent
Aug 14, 2019
So over the years I collected enough money and now planing to buy new PC mostly for games but for other stuff too, so this is what i came up with:
Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core 3.6GHz
GeForce GTX 1660 Ti VENTUS XS 6GB GDDR6
HDD 1TB
SSD 240gb
B450M GAMING PLUS RYZEN DDR4-3466+ (motherboard)
16GB DDR4 3200Mhz Kingston (later on i plan to add another 16, to get 32 gb ram )
Case Natec Genesis Titan 750

so now for the PSU i have no idea what and how to pick the right one for those components so i plan to buy this one:
PSU 700W Deepcool 80PLUS Bronze black its like 65 euros ...
will this psu will be able to hold enough power (voltage or how its called) for those components and of course for monitor +keyboard, mouse and 1 case cooling fan

Last edited:
Solution
You have two paths to take:

1) Add up the wattage requirements for all of the new PC components. Add 25%. There are online calculators available to assist with that process. Use at least three to achieve some consensus with respect to the end value.

2) Go online and look for current PSU reviews. Start here:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-psus,4229.html

Match the reviewed products to your wattage requirements.

Select 2 or 3 PSU's that meet your functional requirements and budget.

Then go the applicable manufacturer websites to read the applicable User Guides/Manuals. Read the FAQs and Forums.
Don't cheap out on a power supply, and wattage isn't everything.
You can go to a power supply wattage calculator and see your recommended wattage or you can just go to pcpartpicker and create a list.
700W seems fine (but check yourself with a wattage calculator) but I wouldn't trust that brand.
I would suggest Corsair RMX or CXM series power supplies (RMX has 80+ Gold efficiency and CXM has 80+ Bronze)
You can also get evga G3 or G2 (G2 is better) both being 80+ Gold
All of the above also don't have ketchup and mustard cables.

Reactions: simez1

Ralston18

Titan
You have two paths to take:

1) Add up the wattage requirements for all of the new PC components. Add 25%. There are online calculators available to assist with that process. Use at least three to achieve some consensus with respect to the end value.

2) Go online and look for current PSU reviews. Start here:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-psus,4229.html

Match the reviewed products to your wattage requirements.

Select 2 or 3 PSU's that meet your functional requirements and budget.

Then go the applicable manufacturer websites to read the applicable User Guides/Manuals. Read the FAQs and Forums.

Reactions: simez1
Solution