Dec 19, 2022
I'm not sure if this is the right spot for this but, I just built a PC for the first time and I'll get power, but no peripherals will work (monitor, mouse, keyboard)

The motherboard came with a speaker but I've heard absolutely nothing from it. At this point, I've removed all components. GPU, ram, fans (except cpu fan), storage, and the cmoss battery. I do have the 8-pin CPU power cable connected, I didn't miss it, and the larger power cable to the motherboard. I checked with my phone charging cable, and the USB port on the motherboard does get power. All parts are new except the storage and GPU.

At this point I have to assume it's the CPU and motherboard, but everything I've looked at says they're compatible. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, so the parts are listed below. I did look into bios flashback but I can't find a button for it anywhere so I'm not sure my mobo supports it. I'm fairly sure my CPU isn't damaged because I had no issue getting it inserted and knew to line up the appropriate corners.

TUF B450-plus gaming motherboard
Ryzen 5 5500 6-core 12-thread with wraith cooler
Corsair RM850 fully modular atx power supply
G.Skill Ripjaws ddr4 16gb
ASUS Strix 1050ti
1 SSD & 1 HHD
Case is NX410 antec mid-tower

At this point I'm not sure what to try but mostly I don't understand why I can't get anything out of the speaker that's meant for troubleshooting.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2022
The PSU is Corsair RM850 fully modular ATX power supply, and I added the other parts to the original post.
I thought that might be the main problem, but without display and without bios flashback I don't know how I would be able to update it.

logainofhades

Titan
The PSU is Corsair RM850 fully modular ATX power supply, and I added the other parts to the original post.
I thought that might be the main problem, but without display and without bios flashback I don't know how I would be able to update it.

Your two options are either get an older gen CPU, to update the bios with, or get a B550 board, with bios flashback capability. All of Gigabyte's 500 series AMD boards have it. Asrock has none, that I know of. MSI and Asus probably have some, but I don't know any particular models that do. Personally, I would go the different board route.