Sep 7, 2024
Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this, happy to move it or re-tag if needed. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Build:
AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d
NZXT Kraken Elite 360 CFM liquid CPU cooler
Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F ATX AM5
G Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB 64gb (2x32) DDR5-6000
Seagate Barracuda Compute 8TB 3.5" 5400RPM HDD
Samsung 990 Pro 4TB M.2
Asus ROG STRIX GAMING OC RTX 4090
NZXT Elite Mid Tower
NZXT C1200W 80+gold Modular ATX PSU

Issue:
PC is newly built, does not have OS installed. It turns on, everything lights up and works normally and I reach UEFI/BIOS, but the PC shuts off after a minute or so. CPU temperature seems to start at around 60c, then climbs to around 80, at which point the PC shuts off, so I think its just overheating. All parts are new, though I've replaced some in trying to fix issues. My guess at present is that the AIO cooler isn't working, but it seems to be mounted properly, fans work, the plastic has been removed, and it worked in a previous build with an Intel CPU for about a month. I had similar issues on a different motherboard, CPU, and PSU, so I don't think any of those are the cause. The AIO is also sharing a sata power cable with 7 case fans and the case RGB controller.

Things I've tried:
Replacing the Motherboard, CPU, and PSU, reapplying thermal paste.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

NZXT Elite Mid Tower
NZXT have a number of cases under the Elite series, which one do you have?

Also, did you make sure your cooler was mounted with the screws tightened down in a criss-cross pattern?
it worked in a previous build with an Intel CPU for about a month.
What thermal paste did you use for the reinstallation of the AIO? How much thermal paste did you use for said reinstallation? Where is the AIO mounted in said case? Have you tried removing the front fascia and side panels to see if the temps drop?

Sep 7, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

NZXT Elite Mid Tower
NZXT have a number of cases under the Elite series, which one do you have?

Also, did you make sure your cooler was mounted with the screws tightened down in a criss-cross pattern?
it worked in a previous build with an Intel CPU for about a month.
What thermal paste did you use for the reinstallation of the AIO? How much thermal paste did you use for said reinstallation? Where is the AIO mounted in said case? Have you tried removing the front fascia and side panels to see if the temps drop?
Thank you for the welcome!
Oh, its the H9 Elite, sorry I missed that.
I did tighten the screws in a criss-cross, if I'm understanding that correctly.
I used Noctua NT-H1 thermal paste. I don't have precise measurements for how much I used, but the first time I did a small dot in the center, which spread out enough to cover most of the cpu surface, and the second time I used 4 small dots in a square midway to the edge.
The radiator is mounted at the top of the case, above the pump. The pump hoses are on the bottom of the pump, which they hang down to from the top of the case.
If you're referring to the case panels, I have yet to run this build with the sides on, and the front does not come off.

Thank you for the welcome!
Oh, its the H9 Elite, sorry I missed that.
I did tighten the screws in a criss-cross, if I'm understanding that correctly.
I used Noctua NT-H1 thermal paste. I don't have precise measurements for how much I used, but the first time I did a small dot in the center, which spread out enough to cover most of the cpu surface, and the second time I used 4 small dots in a square midway to the edge.
The radiator is mounted at the top of the case, above the pump. The pump hoses are on the bottom of the pump, which they hang down to from the top of the case.
If you're referring to the case panels, I have yet to run this build with the sides on, and the front does not come off.
Is pump running? Did you remove sticker from the bottom of the pump?

PC shuts off off too fast to get anywhere near software, but I can probably check it very quickly in bios.
Which header is pump connected to ? I'm betting on pump not working as nothing else could heat up that fast and fans you can see working.
Looking at manual
https://www.manua.ls/nzxt/kraken-elite-360/manual?p=23 Cable marked H should be connected AIO_PUMP or any other 4 pin header on the MB set to PWM mode. As far as system is concerned, it's just another motor like for fans. It works same way. If you suspect AIO_PUMP header is not working, plug in any fan in it.