[SOLVED] New PC build shutting down while gaming

sethduncan17

Prominent
Jan 12, 2019
I recently built my first pc and at the time I was on a tight budget and could only get 1 stick of 8gb ddr4 3200mhz. Everything was running fine along with the games until I got another stick. After I got this stick and now had 16gb of ddr4 at 3200mhz, my pc started randomly shutting down while playing games. I could go on the internet and other things but when I played games it would shut down some time while playing it. I’m wondering if it’s. that I have a 450w 80+ bronze EVGA psu, or if it’s that I only have ONE case fan. My guess is that it would be either one of those but I’m not sure which one I should attempt to fix first because I’m on a tight budget and don’t want to accidentally spend money on something I don’t need to. Which one should I try first?

Edit: I also noticed when turning down the clock speed to 2666mhz it didn’t shut down at all.

Solution
I recently built my first pc and at the time I was on a tight budget and could only get 1 stick of 8gb ddr4 3200mhz. Everything was running fine along with the games until I got another stick. After I got this stick and now had 16gb of ddr4 at 3200mhz, my pc started randomly shutting down while playing games. I could go on the internet and other things but when I played games it would shut down some time while playing it. I’m wondering if it’s. that I have a 450w 80+ bronze EVGA psu, or if it’s that I only have ONE case fan. My guess is that it would be either one of those but I’m not sure which one I should attempt to fix first because I’m on a tight budget and don’t want to accidentally spend money on something I don’t need to...
I recently built my first pc and at the time I was on a tight budget and could only get 1 stick of 8gb ddr4 3200mhz. Everything was running fine along with the games until I got another stick. After I got this stick and now had 16gb of ddr4 at 3200mhz, my pc started randomly shutting down while playing games. I could go on the internet and other things but when I played games it would shut down some time while playing it. I’m wondering if it’s. that I have a 450w 80+ bronze EVGA psu, or if it’s that I only have ONE case fan. My guess is that it would be either one of those but I’m not sure which one I should attempt to fix first because I’m on a tight budget and don’t want to accidentally spend money on something I don’t need to. Which one should I try first?

Edit: I also noticed when turning down the clock speed to 2666mhz it didn’t shut down at all.
Buying RAM separately even if it’s the exact same RAM doesn’t guarantee that it will work TOGETHER at rated speeds. If you wanted 16GB of RAM you need to buy a 16GB kit. Are you using intel or AMD CPU? If Intel I wouldn’t worry about running at 2666mhz.

Solution