[SOLVED] New PC build, trouble booting from old SSD

May 20, 2020
Hello!

After my last mobo died (I think) I bought new cpu/mobo/ram and built it together fine with old psu. However, upon powering, I am unable to find my old SSD to use as the boot.

I'm no tech guy, only capable enough to assemble a PC together, so I'm a little stumped on what to mess around with on BIOS to get it to be found and obviously scared to mess anything up.
My PC is definitely recognizing the SSD as you can see in the images below, but it seems like I need to select a certain option within BIOS to somehow get it to install the boot loading files.

View: https://imgur.com/a/4i7OhPC

Specs: Mobo - ASUS Rog Strix Z390-E Gaming CPU - i9 9900k GPU - GTX 1650 PSU - EVGA 850w Bronze

Solution
Specs: Mobo - ASUS Rog Strix Z390-E Gaming CPU - i9 9900k GPU - GTX 1650 PSU - EVGA 850w Bronze
Off topic but your GPU is a huge bottleneck to your CPU btw. Hopefully you can find it in your budget to upgrade.

Try making the old SSD #1 in boot priority in the BIOS.

As far as the SSD issue, try booting into windows installation menu with a USB bootable media with windows on it to reinstall windows.
Off topic but your GPU is a huge bottleneck to your CPU btw. Hopefully you can find it in your budget to upgrade.

Try making the old SSD #1 in boot priority in the BIOS.

As far as the SSD issue, try booting into windows installation menu with a USB bootable media with windows on it to reinstall windows.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS