-cpu: amd ryzen 5 3600 3,6ghz
-ram: thermaltake toughram z-one rgb ddr4 3600mhz 2x8gb
-motherboard: asus prime b450m-a
-case: thermaltake h200 tg black rgb
-storage 1: ssd western digital green 480gb
-storage 2: hdd seagate barracuda 2tb
-psu: thermaltake 600w 80plus. it was included with the case
-o.s: windows 10 pro

my problem is that when i start my pc, and after the asus logo disappears, i can spot some pink pixels on my screen, and some flashes (not on the entire screen though) and i dont know much about hardware or software but its obvious that this is not right, or at least it never happened to me before. when im playing overwatch (on ultra quality), sometimes my pc just freezes entirely and doesnt let me do anything besides restart (im not talking about playing for 8 hours straight, im talking about playing for 20-25 minutes), or if its not that then my screen turns black and doesnt let me do anything, if its not that then my pc restarts on its own, without a previous freeze.
i played monster hunter world on "highest" setting, after a cutscene my pc freezed and it said "error: graphics device crashed".
what i want to know is:
-what is causing all of this?
-is there a solution?
i had this pc for only two days lol and its already failing so much.
i think the temperatures are ok. i should mention that i have 3 more rgb fans installed on the case for extra cooling.
i disabled msi gaming mode and monster hunter world didnt crash again since that one time, but overwatch keeps doing it. i have windows game mode (if that name is correct) enabled.
it also happened with chrome, i was watching a youtube video with nothing very demanding opened. i click on a suggested video and my pc freezes for like 6-7 seconds.
overwatch is installed on the ssd, i did not test playing with high performance power plan yet.
please help me and thanks!

Solution
That psu description fills me with dread to be honest.

The 5700xt is a power hungry card and because of its design can pull huge peaks on the 12v rail at times.

21-Peak-Power-Analysis-1.png

Your particular model is one of the biggest offenders.

That thermaltake will be an old group regulated unit without a doubt.

Those peaks are probably triggering protection circuitry.

You Really need a good quality 650w DC-DC regulated unit to run a 5700xt.

Ive had similar issues with a corsair cxm550 which is a far better unit than the one you're using.

Running under clocked and undervolted solved these issues for me until I replaced the psu at which point the issues disappeared...
That psu description fills me with dread to be honest.

The 5700xt is a power hungry card and because of its design can pull huge peaks on the 12v rail at times.

21-Peak-Power-Analysis-1.png

Your particular model is one of the biggest offenders.

That thermaltake will be an old group regulated unit without a doubt.

Those peaks are probably triggering protection circuitry.

You Really need a good quality 650w DC-DC regulated unit to run a 5700xt.

Ive had similar issues with a corsair cxm550 which is a far better unit than the one you're using.

Running under clocked and undervolted solved these issues for me until I replaced the psu at which point the issues disappeared completely.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Solution